• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, ? About Cataloging Software

5 posts in this topic

Not comics, but figured you all would know. Step-son has an extensive toy collection (transformers) and wants to catalog it, and asked me to ask you all best way to go about. He wants to include pictures, descriptions etc. Thanks for any advice on software programs...I'll check back later as I feel slightly afraid down here. :hi:

But on the cataloging topic for comics,

What the heck do you do with the bar code reader? One of my collections came with one. I was thinking about it as I was sorting though my books...

Most comics don't even have a bar code. They're either too old or direct editions.

Whoever came up with a bar code reader for comics should be shot!

But on the cataloging topic for comics,

What the heck do you do with the bar code reader? One of my collections came with one. I was thinking about it as I was sorting though my books...

Most comics don't even have a bar code. They're either too old or direct editions.

Whoever came up with a bar code reader for comics should be shot!

What? The vast majority of comic books produced in the last 30-35 years do, in fact, have a barcode. And Comicbase allows you use a barcode reader to enter comic books.