• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More DCs Please

10 posts in this topic

Although I was happy to see Atom get put up, how about some of the other DC titles, like JLA, Flash, Green Lantern, Showcase and B&B? Why is only the Neal Adams run of GL up now, but not the first, say, 50 issues? What's up with that?

More DCs NOW!!!! Don't forget us horror/mystery freaks!

sign-rantpost.gif

Am I the only one that is wondering what is it that is technically prohibiting them from exposing their census data for the registry for ALL books? It appears to be time/labor intensive...

I don't mind them putting up DCs, or any other publisher for that matter. All I ask is that they be smart with the sets they put up first. Wouldn't it make sense to place the more heavily collected titles on the registry BEFORE placing the 2nd/3rd/4th tier titles?

Brian

I don't mind them putting up DCs, or any other publisher for that matter. All I ask is that they be smart with the sets they put up first. Wouldn't it make sense to place the more heavily collected titles on the registry BEFORE placing the 2nd/3rd/4th tier titles?

Brian

Absolutely agree. Why Iron FIST but no Iron MAN?!

And the thing I really don't understand is why the sub-sets. For instance, why only Daredevil 158-191? Wouldn't it make more sense to simply have, say, DD 1-200, which would then cover general DD fans, as well as those who only collect the Frank Miller run? Same with GL 76-89, Hulk 180-182, I'm sure there are others were I to look beyond just the D-I pulldown menu.

Brian

I agree. Wouldn't it make sense to alternate between a Marvel and DC title each new set? Throw in an independent too if you like. And unless it is a really simple thing to take a subset from a major set why bother at this point?

There doesn't seem to be any real thought given to the set selections. We're seeing 2nd & 3rd level titles coming out with major 1st level titles still nowhere to be found. While I'm sure we all appreciate the time, effort and labor involved in putting these together; it seems like there is definite room for improvement in the set choices being put up. sign-rantpost.gif