• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade CGC X-Men 9,11,12,15 and DD 7 for sale.

63 posts in this topic

A few points:

1) Thanks for the big scan. It was very helpful

2) I don't think that $1,000 is totally out of whack for a very nice DD #7 with great eye appeal.

3) The only issue I have with your copy is that it has a pretty significant top right corner crease. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be a 9.0, but it is definitely not undergraded. If I'm going to pay a huge premium for a book, I'm going to want to make sure that it is very strictly graded.

4) I'm not sure why you put it on ComicLink so fast, if you are not dying to sell it? I do think ComicLink is a good alternative to eBay.

5) What you have into a book is irrelevant to the buyer. It does make a difference to you of course.

I probably will bid on it at ComicLink.

Actually the comic was on Comiclink but since $1100 did seem kind of high I pulled it off. I will probably just keep it until the right buyer comes along or the value catches up with what I feel it is worth. Like I said I have a ton of other stuff I plan on selling before i need to sell this book. Not sure how I'm going to sell them though. My guess as of now is to check ComicLink for some nice books I will be listing. Not sure when though because the market it a little flat right now.

Eric

I don't disagree with the market being a little flat right now. That said is a dearth of quality of eBay right now, as I think more and more people are selling on ComicLink.

On the other hand, please list the books on this board that you might be interested in selling. While you probably will get some lowball offers, two things:

1) If you have a book that someone is really looking for, you will probably get a very reasonable offer.

2) There will be no selling fees which means you and/or the buyer have saved dollars.

If you don't get a reasonable offer I think ComicLink is your best bet. At least you don't pay anything unless you actually sell the book. eBay is better if you really want to make sure the book will sell at anyprice, but if you are looking for top dollar on everybook, some might sell and some won't.

I sold for a loss because I felt the book wasn't going to go up in value. I didn't "have" to sell it, but I knew I probably would never sell it for a profit.

I made the mistake of not selling stocks before because I didn't want to take a loss, and my loss went from 10% down to 70% down.

Howver, if you don't need the money now and you like the book, there is no harm in listing it for a high price and seeing if you get lucky. Good luck! smile.gif

sold for a loss because I felt the book wasn't going to go up in value. I didn't "have" to sell it, but I knew I probably would never sell it for a profit.

I made the mistake of not selling stocks before because I didn't want to take a loss, and my loss went from 10% down to 70% down.

Howver, if you don't need the money now and you like the book, there is no harm in listing it for a high price and seeing if you get lucky. Good luck!

Well stated.

Not that anyone wants to sell for a loss but think of it this way.

What's the cost to hold on to a book a that's not going up in value?

There is a cost, it's referred to as "OPPORTUNITY COST".

Say you paid $500 for a book but the current market value is only $450. As long as you like the book, don't sell. But if you have to sell (or want to sell), why hold on to that book for several years to finally sell it for $500 (so you don't take a loss). It is better to sell for $450 and put your money in an investment that will increase faster.

The X-Men #12 and #15 have sold. X-Men #9 is now on ebay. Daredevil #7 and X-Men #11 are no longer for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2216913810

have a good rest of your week,

Eric

I'm the high bidder! 893applaud-thumb.gif

For a few minutes anyway... tongue.gif

lol yeah $1.89 he smoked you!

Eric foreheadslap.gif

WTF?? I just didn't hit reserve - Aces bid $1.64 sorry.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

I just wanted a watch bid.

I couldn't afford to actually win this one. crazy.gif

$102.50 guess you can't bid $2.25 anymore frown.gif I was kind of hoping for a hot icon. You get those after 30 bids right?

Eric

Only on no reserve auctions... frown.gif