• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there HUGE stashes of High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA 9.8+?

Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an

161 posts in this topic

Why do you even bother opening your yap if you aren't going to say how you voted JC? I guess I must have given you too much credit and you are a nancy after all.

I didn't vote because this poll is garbage.....

Jim

Maybe we should just talk about beer instead.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, this is so much more fun. I never seen such a bunch of weak-kneed nancys who are afraid to tell the truth about their convictions. Very pathetic.

On the other hand I might pop open a manly Grolsch at lunch to eat with my steak. Give me a name of a beer with a more manly name like Grolsch? Makes me think of Vikings drinking Groog.

Why do you even bother opening your yap if you aren't going to say how you voted JC? I guess I must have given you too much credit and you are a nancy after all.

Jim

OK Jimbo, you make up a better poll to address the question. If you can't, then STFU. It is easy to criticize me when you have done nothing.

Maybe we should just talk about beer instead.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, this is so much more fun. I never seen such a bunch of weak-kneed nancys who are afraid to tell the truth about their convictions. Very pathetic.

On the other hand I might pop open a manly Grolsch at lunch to eat with my steak. Give me a name of a beer with a more manly name like Grolsch? Makes me think of Vikings drinking Groog.

Hopefully you can have that steak and Grolsch at the local nudie bar, so it is even more manly. I actually think Busch beer has even a more manly name. I love to tell my lady bartender, "Hey, how about some Busch, honey?"........ devil.gif

Jim

OK Jimbo, you make up a better poll to address the question. If you can't, then STFU. It is easy to criticize me when you have done nothing.

Nope.....this topic has been covered and covered on this Forum to the point of nausea. If anyone has a question of the existance of stashes out there need look no further than eBay seller Bettyswall215/Calm-mix or even NativeNewYorker. Both are proof that huge quantities of HG Late Silver/Early Bronze are out there for the taking....

Jim

Hopefully you can have that steak and Grolsch at the local nudie bar, so it is even more manly. I actually think Busch beer has even a more manly name. I love to tell my lady bartender, "Hey, how about some Busch, honey?"........ devil.gif

Busch beer??? That stuff smells like [!@#%^&^] and tastes like I imagine stagnant toilet water does. Grolsch is a cooler sounding name IMHO, and the tastes surpasses Busch by far. Isn't Busch the beer Budweiser bottles when a batch doesn't meet the standards for regular bud?

Busch beer does taste like [!@#%^&^] for sure. I just like saying the word Busch, in that long, dragged out way they do on the commercials. What could be more manly than saying the word "Busch?", like "We've got Busch!", or "How about a little Busch?", or "Shake that Busch over here, honey!" devil.gif

You're not a shill for Grolsch beer by the way, are you?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Nope.....this topic has been covered and covered on this Forum to the point of nausea. If anyone has a question of the existance of stashes out there need look no further than eBay seller Bettyswall215/Calm-mix or even NativeNewYorker. Both are proof that huge quantities of HG Late Silver/Early Bronze are out there for the taking....

Jim

I am not saying and never have said that stashes don't exist. I am just saying that huge HG stashes don't. I made this poll based on what I have seen being discussed in these forums. If there has already been a poll done on this tell me where to find it. If you can make up a better poll to address the question than do so. I agree the topic has been talked to death. That is why I wanted to do this poll to have people put up or shut up.

Busch beer does taste like [!@#%^&^] for sure. I just like saying the word Busch, in that long, dragged out way they do on the commercials. What could be more manly than saying the word "Busch?", like "We've got Busch!", or "How about a little Busch?", or "Shake that Busch over here, honey!" devil.gif

You're not a shill for Grolsch beer by the way, are you?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok, you make some good points above about the use of the word Busch. No, I am not a spokesman for Grolsch, but I should be. I drink enough of it. insane.gif

Don't you think that for fairly recent books like the X-Men #266, there very well could be thousands of copies not included in the census yet, or just laying in people's collections undiscovered, for that matter? There must be tons of collectors like me who have been out of the hobby awhile, and have only recently come back to discover they have some good books. I wasn't into collecting for the last 15yrs or so, but I was smart enough to still keep my books in good shape.

For the really old books, I tend to agree with you. If people were comic collectors, and the books were in high grade, most of them may have been slabbed by now, if for nothing else but to preserve them. And, if stacks of these books are still undiscovered, they've likely been in bad storage conditions, and would be in really bad shape by now.

I guess we'll see what the deal is when Chuckles uncovers the "MH3" collection! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't you think that for fairly recent books like the X-Men #266, there very well could be thousands of copies not included in the census yet, or just laying in people's collections undiscovered, for that matter?

Yes I do think there are thousands, but not in 9.8+ conditions. Hell, most of the stuff comic stores pull right out of their diamond distributors boxes aren't 9.8s.

There must be tons of collectors like me who have been out of the hobby awhile, and have only recently come back to discover they have some good books. I wasn't into collecting for the last 15yrs or so, but I was smart enough to still keep my books in good shape.

True, but there is a difference between good shape and HG. I figure most peoples collections break down in grades like you see in the CGC census. If a guy has 15 copies of a certain key from any age the conditions of those 15 will range over many grades. HighGradeComics.com is a good example of what I think most people's collections are.

For the really old books, I tend to agree with you. If people were comic collectors, and the books were in high grade, most of them may have been slabbed by now, if for nothing else but to preserve them. And, if stacks of these books are still undiscovered, they've likely been in bad storage conditions, and would be in really bad shape by now.

I guess we'll see what the deal is when Chuckles uncovers the "MH3" collection! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You make too much sense to me. insane.gif I always let the door open to be proven wrong and converted to think otherwise when facts stare me in the face.

I figure most peoples collections break down in grades like you see in the CGC census. If a guy has 15 copies of a certain key from any age the conditions of those 15 will range over many grades.

Why on earth would the grades differ? Have you ever bought multiple copies of a comic book off the rack ?

If I hand-picked 15 copies of HULK 181 when it came out in 1974.....wouldn't I have preserved them under identical conditions?

More than likely, 14 of those books would be "perfect".....and 1 would be LG.

Why only 14? Because the 15th copy was my "reading copy".

If you're going to continue you're never ending sign-rantpost.gif......as least attempt to make sense.

You keep asking others to prove that you are wrong in your assumptions.......but as of yet......you haven't given any solid evidence that you're right.

To use your own approach to debate......

PROVE IT!

I figure most peoples collections break down in grades like you see in the CGC census. If a guy has 15 copies of a certain key from any age the conditions of those 15 will range over many grades.

Why on earth would the grades differ? Have you ever bought multiple copies of a comic book off the rack ?

If I hand-picked 15 copies of HULK 181 when it came out in 1974.....wouldn't I have preserved them under identical conditions?

More than likely, 14 of those books would be "perfect".....and 1 would be LG.

Why only 14? Because the 15th copy was my "reading copy".

If a person did what you say maybe 14 would be HG, but I doubt they all would be 9.4 especially if they were on a spin rack. They probably didn't even arrive at the store in 9.4 condition. You are also assuming all the collectors NOW were old enough to have bought 15 Hulk #181s off the rack. You are also assuming that if someone was old enough to have bought 15 Hulk #181s off the rack that the WOULD buy them. A lot of people had no idea Hulk #181 was going to be worth anything.

If you're going to continue you're never ending sign-rantpost.gif......as least attempt to make sense.

If you continue to doubt my superior logic you will continually be in the dark.

You keep asking others to prove that you are wrong in your assumptions.......but as of yet......you haven't given any solid evidence that you're right.

To use your own approach to debate......

PROVE IT!

Already have numerous times fruitcake. Only you have been too blind mentally to see it.