• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there HUGE stashes of High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA 9.8+?

Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an

161 posts in this topic

Already have numerous times fruitcake.

Why don't you go [!@#%^&^] yourself?

Is that physically possible? 893whatthe.gif Have you done that before? 893naughty-thumb.gif

It's entirely possible if you're blessed by Allah with a... oh nevermind. I must be hungry. I'm too lazy to trash you properly right now. wink.gif

Already have numerous times fruitcake.

Why don't you go [!@#%^&^] yourself?

Is that physically possible? 893whatthe.gif Have you done that before? 893naughty-thumb.gif

It's a good thing it's not physically possible because no one would find the time to post on message boards! 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Okay it's on everyone's minds so I'll just say it. MMMarvel shold never be allowed to do another poll. Your polls are just bording on retarded and only cause stupid name calling. Hey here is a poll for you

Enjoy

Eric

Well,at least we now know the number of shills Marvel has.

Whatever amount people may think there are or are not of Silver or bronze books,you would have to be completely delusional not to think there are tens of thousands of books like Spidey 300.I have two unopened cases of it,JC has tons,when Capitol and Hero's World were liquidated dozens of unopened cases were sold to certain well connected dealers(the ones who knew the secret handshakes.) New England Comics,at one pont was selling all the X-men from 221 to 279 in lots of 25 each. Do you suppose any of those are not still in NM shape.About the only thing less common than Nm X-men in this range would be reading copys of these books.Jeez,whats next-Are we going to debate how many Spawn 1s are not in 9.6 condition.

Okay it's on everyone's minds so I'll just say it. MMMarvel shold never be allowed to do another poll. Your polls are just bording on retarded and only cause stupid name calling. Hey here is a poll for you

Should MMMarvel be allowed to continue to post stupid polls?YesNo

EnjoyEric
What are you some kind of 1st Amendment Nazi. Next you will be saying you want to organize a book burning or something. How about you take your Nazi loving poll and shove it up your arse numbnuts.

Shadroch echoed my assumption about the modern books, at least. I suspect there are still many HG copies of X-Men 266, Spider-Man 300, etc. being hoarded by dealers, former dealers, and collectors, to be slowly trickled loose at a later date. This is what happened with SW #1, isn't it? Wasn't that hoarded by dealers when it came out? So, there may still be BA stuff out there waiting to be let go, although with that market being as hot as it has been, I'm having some doubt that massive hoards of Hulk #181, X-Men #94, etc are being hoarded, although I'm sure there are many copies in private collections that have not been slabbed.

As for the SA and GA stuff, I can't see tons of that stuff still being hoarded. There may be a significant number in private collections unslabbed, but I don't know if there are thousands. I doubt all of these collectors have kept all of these books in Mylars all these years. If they were just bagged and boarded, the books may not be so HG anymore, anyway.

I voted yes to this one. I'm sick of all the shill accounts on here. As a matter of fact, I think it should be mandatory that everyone put their real name in their user profile. I do. I have nothing to hide. Shills id's just created to say things to inflame others are a definite sign of immaturity and cowardice, in my opinion.

I voted yes to this one. I'm sick of all the shill accounts on here. As a matter of fact, I think it should be mandatory that everyone put their real name in their user profile. I do. I have nothing to hide. Shills id's just created to say things to inflame others are a definite sign of immaturity and cowardice, in my opinion.

Watch out, you make too much sense. People are gonna think you are a shill for me. devil.gif

A lot of stuff you say does make sense to me, but I'm definitely not a shill for you. I disagree with some of the stuff you do on here, like the name calling, although I realize people like to provoke you sometimes. I also disagreed with you when I said that I do believe there are tons of HG modern books out there waiting to be slabbed.

Also, why isn't your name in your profile? It's your right not to use it, but I thought you wouldn't have any problem with that sort of thing. confused-smiley-013.gif

A lot of stuff you say does make sense to me, but I'm definitely not a shill for you.

Thanks. Are you positive you are not my shill? stooges.gif

I disagree with some of the stuff you do on here, like the name calling, although I realize people like to provoke you sometimes.

I admit I call names a lot, but usually only in jest. There are only a few select people I totally despise because they have been proven liars over and over again. Most guys in here I would probably have a few beers with while exchanging insults over political or comic book talk at a bar.

I also disagreed with you when I said that I do believe there are tons of HG modern books out there waiting to be slabbed.

I don't think I ever said that. If I did, I meant HG keys from 1980-90 in 9.8+ condition or better. I honestly don't collect too many moderns. Most current stuff I buy is strictly for reading.

Also, why isn't your name in your profile? It's your right not to use it, but I thought you wouldn't have any problem with that sort of thing. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a name that is not common. If I were to give it quite a few people in here that I have done business with could figure out who I am, if they haven't already. Some buttmunches might use it for purposes other than good.

Okay, so against my better judgment I decided to post on this thread. My personal feeling regarding the whole issue is that anything can show up at any time. I'll tell you this much - this past year I saw a true NM Batman #9 from a non pedigree collection magically appear out of a collector's collection. He told me that he used to go to SD and buy the coolest covers in the best grade possible for years. I am sure he isn't the only one that did that . . .893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wanted to comment on a few things:

Here's one from Terry that I wanted to comment on

Don't you think that for fairly recent books like the X-Men #266, there very well could be thousands of copies not included in the census yet, or just laying in people's collections undiscovered, for that matter?

YES!!!!

If people were comic collectors, and the books were in high grade, most of them may have been slabbed by now, if for nothing else but to preserve them.

This I would say depends on the size of the collection and also the preferences of the collector. Long timers who have basically a "0" cost basis would probably be more inclined to keep their pride and joys raw so that they can be enjoyed in their true form. Hell, I would! But also let's say that one day I have my goal of every Batman / Detective and Action (893crossfingers-thumb.gif) to get even the first 100 books graded would be HUGE money. I think you would have to go express for those unless you wanted to insure them for nothing . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now if you didn't want to sell . . .

Here's Shadroch's post. Let me fill you in on a little secret: Shadroch has forgotten more about comics than most collectors will ever know. As trite as that phrase it it is equally true in his case. S is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and is a good guy to boot. When he writes stuff like this I would not only listen but I would take heed:

Whatever amount people may think there are or are not of Silver or bronze books,you would have to be completely delusional not to think there are tens of thousands of books like Spidey 300.I have two unopened cases of it,JC has tons,when Capitol and Hero's World were liquidated dozens of unopened cases were sold to certain well connected dealers(the ones who knew the secret handshakes.) New England Comics,at one pont was selling all the X-men from 221 to 279 in lots of 25 each. Do you suppose any of those are not still in NM shape.About the only thing less common than Nm X-men in this range would be reading copys of these books.Jeez,whats next-Are we going to debate how many Spawn 1s are not in 9.6 condition.

DAM

Here's Shadroch's post. Let me fill you in on a little secret: Shadroch has forgotten more about comics than most collectors will ever know. As trite as that phrase it it is equally true in his case. S is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and is a good guy to boot. When he writes stuff like this I would not only listen but I would take heed:

I only know Shady by what he has posted in here. He does have a lot of opinions both good and bad on everything just like me. However, some of the stuff he has done marks him as a dirtbag on my list. I happen to agree with everything in his rant above as well (except for him saying I have shills). I made sure when I came up with this poll to specifically say Moderns 1980-90 in 9.8+ condition, which knocks the majority of any hidden stashes of Spidey #300 even if they are in unopened Diamond boxes out of that catagory.

I made sure when I came up with this poll to specifically say Moderns 1980-90 in 9.8+ condition, which knocks the majority of any hidden stashes of Spidey #300 even if they are in unopened Diamond boxes out of that catagory.

And this is where this poll falls apart. The 9.8 label given by CGC is almost mystical and I challenge anyone on this board to be able to differenciate between a 9.6/9.8/10.0 comic. What's 9.8 today becomes a 9.6 or 10.0 tomorrow. Using 9.8 as the bellweather for Moderns is unprovable definitively. 9.6 is more realistic....

Jim