• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there HUGE stashes of High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA 9.8+?

Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think their are HUGE stashes of "raw" High Grade GA 9.0+, SA 9.4+, BA 9.4-9.6+, key MA from 1980-90 9.8+ that still need to be graded by CGC? See above for definition of HUGE Stashes before an

161 posts in this topic

I made sure when I came up with this poll to specifically say Moderns 1980-90 in 9.8+ condition, which knocks the majority of any hidden stashes of Spidey #300 even if they are in unopened Diamond boxes out of that catagory.

And this is where this poll falls apart. The 9.8 label given by CGC is almost mystical and I challenge anyone on this board to be able to differenciate between a 9.6/9.8/10.0 comic. What's 9.8 today becomes a 9.6 or 10.0 tomorrow. Using 9.8 as the bellweather for Moderns is unprovable definitively. 9.6 is more realistic....

Jim

There is truth in what you are saying, but that same scenario applies to difference in CGC mid and low grade books as well (difference between a 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 is hard to tell). I am also not saying that any MA key in 9.8+ is going to increase in value at a rate that compares to a GA, SA, or BA comic in the high grade. I am just saying that 9.8s of key MA 1980-90 would be rare and more valuable and collectable. People are spending crazy money on 9.8 Spidey #300s. I know if I had boxes like people claimed in posts above I would be selling them to get the most money while the market is high before the bubble bursts. That isn't happening. You would have to believe that the secret society of private collectors with boxes of 9.8 Spidey 300s know each other and agreed with one another to sell maybe one or 2 a month so people wouldn't get suspicious. I don't believe that is the case. People with boxes of unopened Diamond comics are also hoping their value increases or else they wouldn't have bought unopened boxes of Diamond comics. Therefore, those people are speculators.

You have a name that is not common....it's not Chuck Rozanski (whatever the hell MH's Chuck's last name is!) is it?....... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Darn it. You found me out. foreheadslap.gif

Hey. I just got back from a steak dinner. Had a few bottles of Grolsch. I should do this every day. Nothing like a little beer buzz at work.

Yeah, a mid-afternoon beer buzz at work is awesome, unless you're operating heavy machinery! But obviously, you're a pencil pusher like me, or you wouldn't be hanging out on these boards all day..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, I could be a garbage truck driver whose truck just happens to be wired to the net. I type at red lights.

And just why would you need to take the male enhancement devices you found?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif For your sake, I hope to sell them to some poor schmos that need them.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No, I use the information to extort the rich liberals for big bucks. Very lucrative, you would be surprised how many I come across in Michael Moore's neighborhood.

You do realize that 90% of this thread has been a discussion of various topics unrelated to comics between just the two of us, right?...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup, but since I started the thread and don't care if we go off topic it doesn't matter. I just got back from the gym. It sucks to try and lift weights after a couple of Grolschs. Plus it gives you a case of cottonmouth. Anyhow, I am out of here. Love 4 day work weeks.

I voted yes to this one. I'm sick of all the shill accounts on here. As a matter of fact, I think it should be mandatory that everyone put their real name in their user profile. I do. I have nothing to hide. Shills id's just created to say things to inflame others are a definite sign of immaturity and cowardice, in my opinion.

Mine is Chris! hi.gif

I can blend in with the 4 other Chris's in here! laugh.gif

Hey MMM - - whats with all the Barney Frank bashing?

And you dont really think that 44 9.8s is already a common book in that grade??? Especially considering that there are (extremely) conservatively another 50 more copies in Shad's unopened cases alone????

UN-opened cases - - thats like the "comics womb!."

Just where do you think the other 44 9.8s started out??? In mylars from the printing plant?

I voted yes to this one. I'm sick of all the shill accounts on here. As a matter of fact, I think it should be mandatory that everyone put their real name in their user profile. I do. I have nothing to hide. Shills id's just created to say things to inflame others are a definite sign of immaturity and cowardice, in my opinion.

Mine is Chris! hi.gif

I can blend in with the 4 other Chris's in here! laugh.gif

I'd say my name again, but Darth would just go and name ANOTHER one of his children after me. foreheadslap.gif

Hold on.......

So your name really is Logan? And Darth really called his kid Logan?