• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay advice

11 posts in this topic

So, with listing prices being raised, do you guys think there will be a rush this month and thus a glut of listings?

Also, having never sold comics on Ebay before, I'm thinking of selling some minor series and such to get some comic ratings before I put up the more expensive books.

Do small series and inexpensive books need scans to sell effectively? I know the higher books will need them, but I don't have a scanner, so I'm wondering if I can save the effort on things like Classic X-Men 1-17 and such. smile.gif

I think pics are a must also, but sometimes I'm surprised at things that sell without them.

If you're going to take the plunge I would advise against using Ebay's photo services. Most pictures I see using their photo service look terrible foreheadslap.gif

Dave H

You just follow the Ebay Sell format. It takes you step by step over what you are selling and it gives you the option of listing one picture for free. The pic has to meet certain size restrictions though.

Eric

You can't post external links in an auction ad, can you? If not, how to do that then?

Yes, you can post external links in an auction ad (the "description" field allows html with your image url).

You can't post external links in an auction ad, can you? If not, how to do that then?

Yes, you can post external links in an auction ad (the "description" field allows html with your image url).

You can use quite a bit of html in your ad. Just a little sample: Here is a picture hosted on my web site. The html code looks like this: (Please note: I put blanks between the letters of IMG so the bulletin board software will display it instead of interpret it as an html command. Take out the blanks in your own code.)

< I M G src="http://www.thecomicsheet.com/Catalog/AmazingSpiderMan_152_CGC_94_OWWH_T1987.jpg" border=0 >

Which gets you this picture:

AmazingSpiderMan_152_CGC_94_OWWH_T1987.jpg

Thanks for all the info, guys. A couple more questions...

Is there an Ebay market for single comics of VG or F condition if they are older? What about single things like old Popeyes or Dennis the Menace. I also have 36 asst. Richie Rich titles that are old, but in Fair to Fine condition. Will those go?

I have about 10 Robotech titles, but some are Comico and some are Eternity. Better to sell them as a set, or by publisher?

Is it worth putting up runs of indie comics by small publishers like Blackthorne and Fragments West?

Thanks in advance for sharing info with me.

Or if you don't, bugger off in advance. smile.gif

Is there an Ebay market for single comics of VG or F condition if they are older?

There is a eBay buyer for almost every VG or better comic pre 1975, and Fair or better pre 1965.

Just start off with a low opening bid and don't expect more than 1/2 book.

Sometimes it's worse than 1/2 book, sometimes you do very well.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif