• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

Just won this on eBay, finally part of the club!!

Really hope it doesn't come back a PLOD...

very nice pick up Showcase #22 was the hot book at the SDCC. (worship)

Yes it was! I didn't see anymore CGC graded copies when I got there, but did see about 5 raw copies that were overgraded and overpriced

GREAT news...I've been scouring the web trying to find a lead fo you. I also want one of these...but a B&B 28 is what I may try to find next...but it'll be a while on that.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes it was! I didn't see anymore CGC graded copies when I got there, but did see about 5 raw copies that were overgraded and overpriced

There was one raw copy at the end of the con that I was considering. Metro sold all of their copies, including the PR one, with the most expensive being a GD/VG for $575.

I believe that Rick sold all of his copies as well. :applause:

Looking at the prices on the books that sold, there were probably new GPA highs set across the board in all grades.

There was one raw copy at the end of the con that I was considering. Metro sold all of their copies, including the PR one, with the most expensive being a GD/VG for $575.

I believe that Rick sold all of his copies as well. :applause:

Looking at the prices on the books that sold, there were probably new GPA highs set across the board in all grades.

I did sell a bunch of them... and honestly, I kept raising the price a bit each time... my last cgc 5.0 sold for $1500, no questions asked, no haggling ...he couldn't get his CC out fast enough... a buddy of his had just bought a slightly lessor 5.0 for 1350, and when I pulled my last one out (also sold a 4.0 cgc for $1000), boom, he was on it...

bet I was asked 25 x did I have any more...

the 3 boardies that got the 4.0, and 2 cgc 5.0's from me here, got them cheap compared to only a month later what they were commanding in sd (thumbs u

If anyone is looking for a presentable low grade Showcase #22, Joe Verenault will have a 2.5/3.0 (Rick and I both felt it was 2.5) in Chicago. He is asking $695 but was willing to go down a bit on it.

I just can't believe how ''affordable'' this book still is... It's super rare in any condition and features the 1st app of the hottest character in the universe right now.

I just can't believe how ''affordable'' this book still is... It's super rare in any condition and features the 1st app of the hottest character in the universe right now.

You think Ryan Reynolds/GL is hot?

hm:insane:

You think Ryan Reynolds/GL is hot?

:luhv::cloud9:

Great book, but why buy now? It's TOO LATE! Don't give in to the hype. Prices will be on the rise until the movie comes and tanks (or even if it is great, but with Ryan Reynolds I can't see that happening). Then prices will go back down to where they have been for the past 5 years or only slightly inflated. Don't buy a Showcase #22 until AFTER the movie. Better to go after early JLA now with everyone's favorite emerald defender and friends (B&B 28-30) while those are still sort of under the radar and affordable. I'm sure there will be more of these represented at Chicago than Showcase #22.

Great book, but why buy now? It's TOO LATE! Don't give in to the hype. Prices will be on the rise until the movie comes and tanks (or even if it is great, but with Ryan Reynolds I can't see that happening). Then prices will go back down to where they have been for the past 5 years or only slightly inflated. Don't buy a Showcase #22 until AFTER the movie. Better to go after early JLA now with everyone's favorite emerald defender and friends (B&B 28-30) while those are still sort of under the radar and affordable. I'm sure there will be more of these represented at Chicago than Showcase #22.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is definitely the place I would put a couple grand as a long haul investment, movie or not. It's still undervalued even with hype when compared to other SA keys. If the market can correct upward for Avengers 1 & 4 then it can for Showcase 22 as well.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is definitely the place I would put a couple grand as a long haul investment, movie or not. It's still undervalued even with hype when compared to other SA keys. If the market can correct upward for Avengers 1 & 4 then it can for Showcase 22 as well.

All the DC Keys are in for a price correction....and Showcase 22 and BB 28 are at the top of the list. Investing in a 22 seems like a good idea ,as OSPG on many DC Mega keys amounts to basically wholesale prices....too cheap for too long...no where to go but up.That wasn't the case for Marvel keys when movie hype flared up.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u