• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

Hey Kimik. I didn't know you were going to be at Chicago. I could have grabbed that Tomahawk from you! I had restoration expert Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. do a pro-screen on the Showcase #22 I picked up last week on eBay. The seller really came through by getting me the book from New York before the show. Matt confirmed no restoration, and gave it the exact same grade I did when l first looked at it after receiving via USPS - 3.5/4.0. A pressing would not help this book, too many color breaking light creases. Nice front cover with no markings, back cover has a price in pen and some removed tape residue. I only saw 2 copies of this book at the show, one was comparable to mine, and another not as nice. Even Metropolis was sold out. Vince at Metro asked me if I wanted to sell and I told him I didn't think the book had come close to peaking. He agreed and told me to wait 6 or 9 months to maximize profit if I do decide to sell, and of course to consider him as a consignor. So for now, I'm still a card carrying club member.

Hey Kimik. I didn't know you were going to be at Chicago. I could have grabbed that Tomahawk from you! I had restoration expert Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. do a pro-screen on the Showcase #22 I picked up last week on eBay. The seller really came through by getting me the book from New York before the show. Matt confirmed no restoration, and gave it the exact same grade I did when l first looked at it after receiving via USPS - 3.5/4.0. A pressing would not help this book, too many color breaking light creases. Nice front cover with no markings, back cover has a price in pen and some removed tape residue. I only saw 2 copies of this book at the show, one was comparable to mine, and another not as nice. Even Metropolis was sold out. Vince at Metro asked me if I wanted to sell and I told him I didn't think the book had come close to peaking. He agreed and told me to wait 6 or 9 months to maximize profit if I do decide to sell, and of course to consider him as a consignor. So for now, I'm still a card carrying club member.

Scan? (shrug)

I am not at Chicago, but congratulations again on your purchase. (thumbs u

Well I am sitting in an airport in detroit waiting for my flight to columbus oh (visiting my dad)...

I saw a total of 14 copies of showcase 22 available in chicago...the breakdown:

Only 1 cgc (the 7.5) all the rest were raw:

Only 1 in the vg range (harley at 1400)

Maybe 4 in the g/vg to vg- range (from 600 to 900)

8 raw in the gd to gd+ range (cheapest was 300 all the way to 800 asking)

And a couple in the fr to gd range (400 ish)

Tec27 found 14 copies for sale? Must have been during Thursday night's preview. I walked the floor all day Friday and Saturday and saw 2 copies. Didn't see Harley's either, must have already been gone. I posted a smaller scan previously in this thread, but here's a better one. Again this was screened by Matt Nelson as a 3.5/4.0 and that is how I see it too. I Wouldn't mind keeping it, but let's see how bad demand is for a decent low grade copy in the 6 months leading up to the film's release.

Photobucket

Keep in mind those available copies were harley's 2 and 7 others in the fr to gd+ range, all way over priced (IMO)...1koko was with me viewing most of the copies so they were in the room but not selling at the overinflated prices relative to low grade

That was the case at San Diego as well. I believe that Metropolis sold all 6 copies, but the highest priced copy they had was $575 if I recall correctly. The other copies that were there were overgraded and/or overpriced and they sat.

I find it interesting that the market is fairly tight for even accurately graded VG copies right now. This book should not be that tough to find in that condition.

Edited by kimik

Tec27 found 14 copies for sale? Must have been during Thursday night's preview. I walked the floor all day Friday and Saturday and saw 2 copies. Didn't see Harley's either, must have already been gone. I posted a smaller scan previously in this thread, but here's a better one. Again this was screened by Matt Nelson as a 3.5/4.0 and that is how I see it too. I Wouldn't mind keeping it, but let's see how bad demand is for a decent low grade copy in the 6 months leading up to the film's release.

Photobucket

Nice low grade. Welcome to the club (thumbs u

Gator picked up a krappy CGC 7.5 copy in Chicago,

Wow. (worship)

Is a cgc 7.5 about a $7K book? (more, less, just don't know)

If Showcase 22 is such a rare book how does Rick end up with so many great copies? :baiting:

hm very unlikely, I think.

Rick offered someone $12500 for a raw 8.0 and that person didn´t accept.

My guess is, that an already graded 7.5 is probably worth quite a bit more than 7k.