• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VALPARAISO SPIDEY 55 9.8................SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

272 posts in this topic

I've always thought of thumb dents/ finger dents to be the very light crescent shaped dents in the covers that come from to much pressure or weight being placed on the free side of a cover when held in hand. Some books may have one, some books are littered with them.

next time you should just wait to see if i've already addressed the subject. would save you some writing time.

:baiting:

I only read COI's posts.

It's very hard to ignore Sal's posts when you keep quoting him. :pullhair:

It's also useless for me to have The_Question? on ignore when everyone quotes him all the time. :pullhair:

Who's The_Question? :pullhair:

I don't think people are saying that CGC or OS does not allow a Color breaking spine tick per book to achieve 9.8 status. I think people are saying they shouldn’t.

No, you're saying they shouldn't.

But seeing that you're not a grading authority (unlike CGC and OS, I might add), which defects you think should and shouldn't be allowed in a grade is irrelevant, and has zero bearing on the actual grade of the book.

I don't like seeing color breaking spine ticks on 9.8 books, but I have seen several that have them. That is why I no longer buy CGC books sight unseen. This also why when I find a 9.6 CGC book that doesn't have one, I buy it.

Our little Jim is all groweds up.

I've always thought of thumb dents/ finger dents to be the very light crescent shaped dents in the covers that come from to much pressure or weight being placed on the free side of a cover when held in hand. Some books may have one, some books are littered with them.

next time you should just wait to see if i've already addressed the subject. would save you some writing time.

I only read COI's posts.

you shouldn't turn from your betters like that. it makes it more difficult for you to improve yourself without adequate exemplars to follow

I don't think people are saying that CGC or OS does not allow a Color breaking spine tick per book to achieve 9.8 status. I think people are saying they shouldn’t.

But seeing that you're not a grading authority (unlike CGC and OS, I might add), which defects you think should and shouldn't be allowed in a grade is irrelevant, and has zero bearing on the actual grade of the book.

Yes I am 100% saying they should not a give any book a 9.8 with one spine tick.

I guess I am on of the few that believe a 9.8 should mean 9. freakin 8.

OS is out dated by the way.... :baiting:

I only read COI's posts.

you shouldn't turn from your betters like that. it makes it more difficult for you to improve yourself without adequate exemplars to follow

Okay, now I can read it... :whistle:

I don't like seeing color breaking spine ticks on 9.8 books, but I have seen several that have them. That is why I no longer buy CGC books sight unseen. This also why when I find a 9.6 CGC book that doesn't have one, I buy it.

Amen brother.

I like my 9.6s to look like 10.0s. :cloud9:

ASM122-2-1-2.jpg

ASM122-2-1-2.jpg

Press it

Press it

Press it

:devil:

ASM122-2-1-2.jpg

zzz Sorry. You were saying?

ASM122-2-1-2.jpg

Well, then you are gonna have to have that thumb dent pressed out. (thumbs u

So what are you waiting for? Do you need my address again?

If you want a book without any spine ticks at all, buy a 9.9 or a 10.0.

9.8 doesn't mean "mint".

If so, you are more likely to fart twelve quatrains of Shakespeare than for that to happen.

I tried doing that, and only got up to 7.

Not enough beans and brocolli, I suppose.

All's well that ends well, I suppose.

If you want a book without any spine ticks at all, buy a 9.9 or a 10.0.

9.8 doesn't mean "mint".

Nope, I will just find alot of 9.6's w/o them.

Maybe CGC should have a promotion called:

Loose Grading Weekend Bash, and use the ASM 55 as an example to promote the submission sale. :idea: