• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason does it again !!!

32 posts in this topic

I agree....he has a knack for scraping up some of the toughest books in high grade ....and as far as the reserves, i would like to know about the Batman Annual...that is a SUPER hard book.....the census numbers are almost criminal...

He's tried to auction that one previous. I don't normally buy CGC copies of non-key books that isn't a 100 page giant, DC Special, or a Super DC Giant, as I am working on those runs. I would rather have the #1. I'll have to check my copy to see if the incremental difference (if any) justifies me spending $$ on a pretty lame book! 893frustrated.gif

Of all the From Beyond The Unknown Giants, this issue is the easiest (at least from what I've found) to find in HG. High grade copies seem to be everywhere....

Jim

Must be due to that damn Nixon guy! tongue.gif

Of all the From Beyond The Unknown Giants, this issue is the easiest (at least from what I've found) to find in HG. High grade copies seem to be everywhere....

Jim

There is the rumor he had to be treated with kids gloves or face his wrath... smirk.gif

Jim

Jim

There is the rumor he had to be treated with kids gloves or face his wrath... smirk.gif

Jim

It's all Ford's fault! shocked.gif

Man, I really need that ASM 35. Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to try to bid it up to the reserve now.. or just wait and see how the bidding goes?

Brian

I never understood the reasoning of bidding up the reserve on a book you intend on buying. Jason's reserves are usually pretty reasonable, and around FMV, so there's no point in feeling out the reserve. I will put in "watch" bids sometimes on books I'm considering, but on stuff I really want, I don't show my interest in the auction until my snipe in the last 2 seconds. IMO, bidding up the reserve just puts more attention on the book, and may very well raise the final price. If you really want it, wait until the final minutes, then hit hard.

I always assumed that if the book was below the reserve, people get bid happy and start bidding on it more heavily. Whereas if they see the book is above reserve, and maybe above a price they want to pay. They'd just pass instead of getting caught up in bidding. I'll probably wait.

Brian