• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,786 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 11:29 AM, Ghost Town said:

I don't disagree. ASM #113 and #115 just create their own kind of frames. And both books fall with within the 11/71-12/72 timeframe.

I was the guy who asked Gemma to create the full PF set way back when. (The 25¢ PF set already existed in the registry.)

The list I sent her was the list that had been posted in this thread. 

If I can figure out how to post a poll here and enough folks vote for including those 2 books, I'll ask Gemma to add those 2 books to the set.

I didn't realize there was a registry set of PF books.  I scanned the registry briefly, but didn't see one.  Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it?? TIA.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

I didn't realize there was a registry set of PF books.  I scanned the registry briefly, but didn't see one.  Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it?? TIA.

Here you go.

It's called "Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels - Complete Set".

And here's the 25¢ Picture Frame Set.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:34 PM, Ghost Town said:

Here you go.

It's called "Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels - Complete Set".

And here's the 25¢ Picture Frame Set.

Barton’s too modest to mention he’s #1 in both sets :gossip:

On 9/3/2021 at 9:56 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Picture Frame Comic Book List

I found a pretty comprehensive list of Picture Frame books. Sharing the link to it above. Courtesy of CBR.com

The link has one very small point that's not entirely accurate.  While it's true that virtually all of the Marvel titles stopped with picture frame covers on or before December, 1972, there is as the lone outlier Incredible Hulk #159, with a January 1973 cover date.

I'm with you guys, and have always thought of ASM 113 and 115 along with Cap 144 and 155 as true picture frame covers. Cat #1, too.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:43 PM, MGsimba77 said:

There were a lot of healthy prices on the PF Spideys. And the rest of the Spideys too.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ghost Town said:

There were a lot of healthy prices on the PF Spideys. And the rest of the Spideys too.

I was very surprised to see that ASM 107 go for $5K.

I've been focusing on 100-120 in 9.8 lately, and I've been saving 107 for the end with the assumption it will be one of the easier/cheaper ones to pick up. They've always been in plentiful supply (with almost 50 9.8s in the census).

Having said all that, the Heritage copy was particularly nice-looking.