• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,786 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2022 at 9:20 AM, batmiesta said:

Just wondering, How many people check the grades before receiving their books? I never do. 

after reading a few posts here about changing grades, i make sure to take some caps and download the data as soon as they pop.

Had an economy pop today - it was sent to cgc  Sept 16 2021. 5 picture frames in there that this thread inspired me to submit. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/8/2022 at 6:40 PM, MAR1979 said:

Back 12 months after sending them away.  It was this thread that inspired me to submit  5 of my PF era books 1 year ago.  I stuck strictly to the box that was easiest to dig out.

Both purchased from Vinny less than a month after he and the other guy acquired the collection.  Premiere was $30 and Fury $15 - not keys but money well spent by 1998 me

NOT pressed.

SgtFury98.thumb.jpg.d7e462ce3b2dda51a12a605e2db3e628.jpg1320346447_MarvelPremiere02.thumb.jpg.a4351e82be9f45d6de55994059fe45bc.jpg

Did CGC charge you extra? Those are definitely not Economy. LOL

On 10/9/2022 at 9:07 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Did CGC charge you extra? Those are definitely not Economy. LOL

Hi, Nope.  Last Premier 2 9.8 sold for $500 and if it had been a 9.6 it would have been $250 or less.   The most recent sale of Fury 98 9.8 I can find was from 2018 for $114. The way the comics market is now be it plus or minus if there no comp in the last 1-2 weeks anything older  is probably not valid. Which nowadays likely means drop in FMV not an increase.

I base all my values when submitting as 9.6 or lower, assuming a 9.8 exceeds my hubris. Although I did send my Nova 1 one Modern and it came back as 9.8 2 weeks back with no up-charge. Least they can do after holding on to it for 13 months (there was a C&P) :)

Thing is by letter of the law the upcharge can be for insurance but not for service level that was not provided. As I understand a lawsuit was filed against PSA as they were up-charging for express service levels when the bubble was in effect. I'm now unable though to find the info on that as a few hours after it was detailed on the PSA Collectors forums the entire thread disappeared into the ether.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/9/2022 at 6:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

Hi, Nope.  Last Premier 2 9.8 sold for $500 and if it had been a 9.6 it would have been $250 or less.   The most recent sale of Fury 98 9.8 I can find was from 2018 for $114. The way the comics market is now be it plus or minus if there no comp in the last 1-2 weeks anything older else is probably nor valid. Which nowadays day means a likey drop in FMV.

I base all my values when submitting as 9.6 or lower, assuming a 9.8 exceeds my hubris. Although I did send my Nova 1 one as Modern and it came back as 9.8 2 weeks back with no up-charge. Least they can do after holding on to it for 13 months (there was a C&P) :)

Thing is by letter of the law the upcharge can be for insurance but not for service level that was not provided. As I understand a lawsuit was filed against PSA as they were up-charging for express service levels when the bubble was in effect. I'm now unable though to find the info on that as a few hours after it was detailed on the PSA Collectors forums the entire thread disappeared into the ether.

I agree. If CGC takes a year there should be no upcharge in any situation.

On 10/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, MAR1979 said:

Back 12 months after sending them away.  It was this thread that inspired me to submit  5 of my PF era books 1 year ago.  I stuck strictly to the box that was easiest to dig out.

Both purchased from Vinny less than a month after he and the other guy acquired the collection.  Premiere was $30 and Fury $15 - not keys but money well spent by 1998 me

NOT pressed.

SgtFury98.thumb.jpg.d7e462ce3b2dda51a12a605e2db3e628.jpg1320346447_MarvelPremiere02.thumb.jpg.a4351e82be9f45d6de55994059fe45bc.jpg

Truly amazing to see and appreciate picture frame specimens that have survived the ravages of time in a pristine state of preservation unmolested by post-production mechanical means of artificial maximization.

Thank you for posting. :golfclap: