• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,784 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2022 at 8:11 AM, workingdog said:

New slots to fill!  I realize they are not any of the heavy hitters but I still enjoy these just the same. :)

They're plenty heavy. All super sweet and super tough in those grades. I think the #105 is a unicorn.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:24 AM, Ghost Town said:

They're plenty heavy. All super sweet and super tough in those grades. I think the #105 is a unicorn.

I’m always on the lookout for a nice 105

On 10/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, workingdog said:

New slots to fill!  I realize they are not any of the heavy hitters but I still enjoy these just the same. :)

Sgt. Fury 99.jpg

Sgt. Fury 103.jpg

Sgt. Fury 105.jpg

Nice books, Jim!

On 10/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, workingdog said:

Sgt. Fury 99.jpg

Sgt. Fury 103.jpg

Sgt. Fury 105.jpg

I am sooooooooo jelly

It was actually easier for me to find Fury 1972-1973 OA Cover and Splash art than the books in high grade  :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, namisgr said:

Sweet drama-loaded Kane cover.

My hot take, even though these books are over years old: Gil Kane was, by far, the best cover artist in the PF era. He might have had a few clunkers but the vast majority of are pretty dynamic and memorable.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:23 PM, Ghost Town said:

My hot take, even though these books are over years old: Gil Kane was, by far, the best cover artist in the PF era. He might have had a few clunkers but the vast majority of are pretty dynamic and memorable.

There are a few distinctive features of his art I'm not crazy about that always jump out at me, most notably the frequent "up the nostrils" camera angle ...

image.thumb.jpeg.be4e6d6dbb66d4eb64152b3a5d56c136.jpeg

... and the strange, unconvincing way he did reptile skin.

image.thumb.jpeg.84095c9d3c5e4e87c633af29f80e051f.jpeg

There are also a few times where he gave Thor or especially the Hulk weird "updated" hairstyles that didn't look right for them.

image.thumb.png.0d2174bff25c1f18a64919b5dfd1d5f5.png

I'm not sure if I could call him the "best" when John Buscema is standing right over there!  lol  But Kane was definitely a huge Marvel Bronze Age mainstay and I do agree that his fingerprints are all over that picture frame period. :angel: