• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik -- Niky passed away last night.

262 posts in this topic

While I don’t post on the boards I have bought numerous books from Nik in the past and from these brief encounters he was one of the best sellers I have ever dealt with in almost 20 years of buying books.

My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends on their loss.

Martin

I don't have the words to express my sadness. I regret that I never had the chance to meet Nik. Just as he has with everyone else, Nik was always a roll model for me. He taught me that it's all about the hearts you touch during our short time here. Nik was a great friend to me, and I'll miss him dearly.

It's an incredible world we live in, where people that have never personally met can be so close, and care so much for each other. Although we sometimes don't see eye to eye, we are all like a family here. I love all you guys.

To Nik's family, I send my deepest condolences. Nik was much too young. Everyone should be so lucky to know someone with a heart as big as his. I'm a better person just because I knew him. I think we all are.

I don't have the words to express my sadness. I regret that I never had the chance to meet Nik. Just as he has with everyone else, Nik was always a roll model for me. He taught me that it's all about the hearts you touch during our short time here. Nik was a great friend to me, and I'll miss him dearly.

It's an incredible world we live in, where people that have never personally met can be so close, and care so much for each other. Although we sometimes don't see eye to eye, we are all like a family here. I love all you guys.

To Nik's family, I send my deepest condolences. Nik was much too young. Everyone should be so lucky to know someone with a heart as big as his. I'm a better person just because I knew him. I think we all are.

Well said Dice. :golfclap:

I am sorry that Nik has left us. May God bless and keep his family in this time of sorrow.

Blessed Repose and Eternal Memory grant to him, O Lord.

What?!? This is quite a shock. As many others, I never had the chance to meet Nik in person but his presence here was substantial. Whenever I had contact on the boards with him, it was always positive.

What saddens me most is the loss for his family. RIP, Nik, you'll see them again someday.

I'm sorry to hear this news. As I read other posts about this man, I did not respond. I believed that somehow he would get better and then everyone's worries would be alleviated.

I'm so sorry I was wrong.

My condolences.

-Steve

I never knew Nik personally. In fact we had just finished our first transaction together. I will never forget his kindness and generosity. He knew I was putting an Avenger run together and he took the time to pm me about a couple of books he had coming back from CGC. He gave me first shot at the books, sold it to me at a bargain and shipped it before I even paid for it. I told him he didn't have to do that and his reply was "no worries, I trust you man". We had never really spoken prior to that transaction. What a rarity.

With all of the negative BS that happens in our hobby, Nik, from that one transaction made a great impression upon me about what kind of guy he was and how he treated people and I will never forget him.

I don't really get attached to my books and like many collectors I tend to change what I am doing/collecting almost weekly. That said, in the event I ever sell off my Avenger run, this book will stay with me. It was Nik's. He sold it to me. And I feel like a little part of him is with this book. So even though I never got to meet him, I feel like this is my small connection to a great person.

Here's to you Nik. Thank you.

Avengers15.jpg

Well, I guess I should chime in here, not because of the great loss I personally feel, but because of the loss of an individual who had a great impact on the lives of others.

"Nik", as he went on the boards, was obviously liked by several board members here, and was respected and cherished not only as a friend, but as a valued member of the forum society.

I always feel the greatest losses associated with our lives are those by people who never were able, with their time on earth, to really stand out and be what they were capable of being.

With Nik, that is not the case. He has been a great person, information provider and friend to countless members on this board, and for those reasons alone (as I'm sure there are countless others), his passing will never be in loss.

His family, while hurting at this moment in time, will forever know that their "Nik" was a treasure to so many people associated with him.

I can not consider Nik's passing a loss, but instead a moment of realization: if you live your life fully as a kind, thoughtful, generous individual, than that is indeed what you leave to all those who have known you and have had the pleasure to meet you.

The loss is only to those, like myself, who never had the opportunity to meet Nik.

Terrible news... I have been away from the boards for what seems forever, to come back and read this thread as the first... truly a shame!

I had never met Nik, but had the opportunity to "know" him through the boards. Truly a stand-up guy.

My most heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

John