• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik -- Niky passed away last night.

262 posts in this topic

Something that always struck me about Nik was that he kept things in perspective on these boards. There are more important things in life to get worked up about than comic books.

That's one of the things I'll miss about him the most.

Just returned from the funeral. Could not get parking within 3 blocks of the church. There was a church service (in Greek and English) with a number of eulogies, the family is going to a private interrment, and will then return and (if I understood correctly) have a meal with the attendees.

Nik would have been very proud of the way his kids handled themselves. They both spoke very eloquently about their dad to about 300 people (best guess).

It is going to be quite a sad day for me. I had to come back to work.

Thanks for filling us in.

(thumbs u

Wish I could have been there but just wasn't able to swing it.

:(

nik's neighbor gave a eulogy that specifically quoted a couple of the testimonials people have posted here, the family is very appreciative of all support from the CGC Board and collecting community.

And ckb was right, the kids spoke well and expressed what a lot of us felt about him. And, of course, more.

Well, I guess I should chime in here, not because of the great loss I personally feel, but because of the loss of an individual who had a great impact on the lives of others.

"Nik", as he went on the boards, was obviously liked by several board members here, and was respected and cherished not only as a friend, but as a valued member of the forum society.

I always feel the greatest losses associated with our lives are those by people who never were able, with their time on earth, to really stand out and be what they were capable of being.

With Nik, that is not the case. He has been a great person, information provider and friend to countless members on this board, and for those reasons alone (as I'm sure there are countless others), his passing will never be in loss.

His family, while hurting at this moment in time, will forever know that their "Nik" was a treasure to so many people associated with him.

I can not consider Nik's passing a loss, but instead a moment of realization: if you live your life fully as a kind, thoughtful, generous individual, than that is indeed what you leave to all those who have known you and have had the pleasure to meet you.

The loss is only to those, like myself, who never had the opportunity to meet Nik.

Well spoken and on the money.

I attended the services as well, and agree with Andrew and Chris. The eulogies his kids delivered brought me to tears and I’m still having moments of choking up back at the office. It’s going to take me a while to have some sense of closure. I still can’t believe he’s gone.

Thanks for posting your comments guys, I imagine all of us would have liked to be there. It is a day of closure of sorts and hopefully the sting of loss will ease and soon be replaced by a feeling of peace in knowing Nik is at rest and would want us all to continue to enjoy each other and this hobby.

I actually called his shop today hoping to hear his voice again, but Tracy has already put a new message up on the answering machine directing customers to a new shop. I will dearly miss hearing him answer the phone "Brothers Auto", and I too cannot believe he is really gone.

Thanks for posting your comments guys, I imagine all of us would have liked to be there. It is a day of closure of sorts and hopefully the sting of loss will ease and soon be replaced by a feeling of peace in knowing Nik is at rest and would want us all to continue to enjoy each other and this hobby.

I actually called his shop today hoping to hear his voice again, but Tracy has already put a new message up on the answering machine directing customers to a new shop. I will dearly miss hearing him answer the phone "Brothers Auto", and I too cannot believe he is really gone.

Just returned from the funeral. Could not get parking within 3 blocks of the church. There was a church service (in Greek and English) with a number of eulogies, the family is going to a private interrment, and will then return and (if I understood correctly) have a meal with the attendees.

Nik would have been very proud of the way his kids handled themselves. They both spoke very eloquently about their dad to about 300 people (best guess).

It is going to be quite a sad day for me. I had to come back to work.

Thanks for letting us know.

For me,..I could not go..I'm having a hard enough time sitting here at my shop..Knowing tomorrow being Wednesday and Nik being here around 4:30 5:00. And it is easing but this will take awhile..I will be stopping by to See his wife tomorrow evening..Paying my respects then.. Here come the tears again. I have talk to Nik every nite since he passed and will continue till I feel ready to let go..I still hear him In my store and I hope that voice never goes away..Peace to all of us!!

I am very glad some representatives from the boards attended in person. I am also glad that nik's family and friends are aware of the outpouring of emotion and willingness to help that has come from the boards.

RIP Nik. You will be remembered... (worship)