• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 10 DC COVERS.....Nominations for a poll

204 posts in this topic

Might as well throw this one in the mix. I know everyone loves MIS 56, but this is actually my favorite Adam Strange cover. I like the simplicity, the alien world background, the lack of words, and of course the colors.

scan0002resized.jpg

If anyone is partial to those pre-hero BRAVE and the BOLD, then you might also want to consider ROBIN HOOD TALES..a very underappreciated late-50s title with some really nice Andru & Esposito covers.

RHT_07.jpg

RHT_08.jpg

RHT_09.jpg

RHT_10.jpg

RHT_11.jpg

RHT_12.jpg

RHT_13.jpg

RHT_14.jpg

Here is my list....I don't know why the great (GA) covers...have been left out...(Is this a SA list only???)...so I've included 5 SA and 5 GA...although I'd prefer ALL GA....since I think they were the better covers... (thumbs u

Here's 10....

Action 2

Adventure 38

All American Men of War 94

Atom 10

Detective 18, & 31

Green Lantern 8

More Fun 35

Strange Advs. 21

Tales of the Unexpected 29

OK..I included 6 GA books....I couldn't help it....To me the entire top ten DC covers are ALL GA covers...but I tried to include some SA....

OK...top ten Silver age....

Not in order...

All American Men of War 94

Aquaman 37

Flash 114

GI Combat 46

Green Lantern 8

Mystery In Space 55

Showcase 34

Star Spangled War Stories 81

Tales of the Unexpected 29, 43

ALL SILVER AGE CLASSICS............ (thumbs u

Is the purpose of this thread for people to nominate their Top 10 DC covers or to post a scan of every single freaking DC that they own? rantrant

I would agree some of these don't look like "best SA covers", but I think if someone has a book to nominate then a scan is nice.

Oh, and Tim...

I wouldn't mind seeing "a scan of every single freaking DC that YOU own" :foryou:

Is the purpose of this thread for people to nominate their Top 10 DC covers or to post a scan of every single freaking DC that they own? rantrant

Well, its nice to have a sampling of nice, yet little known, covers from which to make an informed decision, no?

But, if you want me to post every DC I own, stand back...let me fire up my scanner! ;)

Meanwhile, here are few more cool DC Sci-Fi covers to choose from...

mga_26.jpg

MGA_28.jpg

MIS_06a.jpg

MIS_30.jpg

MIS_39.jpg

MIS_43.jpg

MIS_47.jpg

MIS_48.jpg

SA_050.jpg

SA_54-1.jpg

SA_61.jpg

SA_119.jpg

SA_160.jpg

Hey, we're drifting here. There's no sign that an actual poll is forthcoming, so we're just posting away.

Plus there's so many great DCs to choose from...

It's nominations for a poll. Simple. You like a cover, you can nominate it.

The cover deserves a post of its own...IMHO, the greatest underwater/washtone cover of all time by the master Russ Heath...

SD_01.jpg

Sea Devils actually has several covers worth mentioning...

including....#5, 9, 15, & 22...one of the better titles for outstanding covers from DC... (thumbs u