• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Very nice find on the New Mutants #98. (thumbs u

I also made a nice haul today at a local garage sale. I got the following 163 DC books, almost all in 9.4 to 9.8 condition, for a grand total of $400:

66 Batman comics between issues 340 and 436

69 Detective Comics between issues 504 and 578

26 Justice League comics between issues 150 and 209

Supergirl 1

Wonder Woman 242

I got these from the same guy I got a bunch of Batmans from that I sold earlier this year. Almost all of them ended up CGC 9.6's or 9.8's. :banana:

I think I need to hang out where you are hanging. Somewhere in the midwest?

Very nice find on the New Mutants #98. (thumbs u

I also made a nice haul today at a local garage sale. I got the following 163 DC books, almost all in 9.4 to 9.8 condition, for a grand total of $400:

66 Batman comics between issues 340 and 436

69 Detective Comics between issues 504 and 578

26 Justice League comics between issues 150 and 209

Supergirl 1

Wonder Woman 242

I got these from the same guy I got a bunch of Batmans from that I sold earlier this year. Almost all of them ended up CGC 9.6's or 9.8's. :banana:

I think I need to hang out where you are hanging. Somewhere in the midwest?

In the Rockford, Illinois area. I've been able to come up with a lot of good comic finds over the last few years by going to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, auctions and antique malls. For me, the key is constantly being on the lookout for comics via newspaper classified ads, newspaper websites, auction websites and so on.

Maybe I should change my mind and stay in this area. hm

Naaaaah.....ain't gonna happen! I'd be crazy to stay here! :screwy:

I picked up a nice comic spinner rack tonight. It needs to be cleaned up first so I'll take pics tomorrow and post them here. (thumbs u

Here's the pics of the comic spinner rack I picked up last night. Got 'er cleaned up this morning and she looks nice!

ComicSpinnerRack1.jpg

ComicSpinnerRack2.jpg

ComicSpinnerRack3.jpg

I think there's a total of 72 slots for raw comics, 3 "Hot Picks" bins and 5 plastic bins for Archie Comics Digests. 4 of the 5 small plastic bins say "Archie Digests" on them and the 5th one says "Harvey Comics". I didn't know Harvey printed any comics digests. (shrug)

Does anybody know where I might get 5 more of the comics digest bins? I have room for a total of 10 but only 5 came with the spinner rack.

$2 for a Marvel Spotlight 5 in maybe VG/Fine right after GR cooled off in the mid 90's bought from someone wandering around show. Sold for $75 before the movie, but it was more than a $2 book then.

Lot of nice sharp Marvel Spotlight GRs from koch of all places for about $2 each, sold 2 years later for $25-$45 each during GR mania.

I've had my share of good buys, but because I don't slab I have never had a shot at turning that really nice $50 raw book into a $1500 book. $15 into $225 (VF+ FF 49 bought and later sold on ebay). but lots of $1-$2 into $15-$25 and so on. I should really consider that route one of these days.

One nice one was buying about 20 copies of albedo 3 for 50 cents each. they were all pretty much 9.0 - 9.4/9.6 I'd just sell one every 2-3 weeks on ebay, just hit the relist button. Very nice and easy. I really should have slabbed the very best one, but I figued with my luck....

You guys are lucky. I've had no success with garage/yard/stoop sales. The books are either junk or the seller thinks they are smart and gets on comicspriceguide.com and marks everything at the 1st print NM price.. even though the books are far from it. Of course they assume you are trying to rip them off if you attempt to educate them.

Take this beauty for example.

Some items up for grab are, Childrens clothing(bouys) ages 3-5 years old, Boys toys, Baseball cards, assorted, (including Rookie Cards), some vintage items, Books, DVD's, some comics(Battlestar Galacticta #1 up for sale for 30 dollars(not a bad price for anold comic)) ladies handbags, shoes, a nintendo dsi game called Proffessor Layton and the curious village(still sealed in the package going for only $20.00)and many more items.

doh! Thanks for saving me the trip, buddy.

Another collection scored off of Craigslist today (it's still worth checking): Hulk 181, ASM 129, IF 14, FF 25, ASM 121/122 etc. As well as a bunch of moderns -- but good moderns like ASM 300, 299, 298, Deadpool 54 etc. Full set of Wolvies 1-148, plus Nabisco giveaway. Got a nice bargain too.

It's still worth hunting them down on c-list.

So I dropped by an estate sale less than a block from my house and came across a large collection of Avalon Hill and a few other companies board games. At $5.00 each I had to make an offer and got 21 games for $75.00.

Not comics but a cool find nonetheless.

IMG_4211.jpg

Another collection scored off of Craigslist today (it's still worth checking): Hulk 181, ASM 129, IF 14, FF 25, ASM 121/122 etc. As well as a bunch of moderns -- but good moderns like ASM 300, 299, 298, Deadpool 54 etc. Full set of Wolvies 1-148, plus Nabisco giveaway. Got a nice bargain too.

Nice haul! What do you consider a bargain though? A third of the price of OSPG?

I find that, in the NYC Craiglist everyone thinks that they are going to put their kids through college by selling their comics. Drives me nuts!

Nice haul! What do you consider a bargain though? A third of the price of OSPG?

I find that, in the NYC Craiglist everyone thinks that they are going to put their kids through college by selling their comics. Drives me nuts!

There were about 7 1/2 long boxes total. Purchase price was around 60 cents a book. Keep in mind you're buying the moderns at the same price, but there were a lot of good moderns for those price in addition to the other keys.

Nothing to really write home about, my my boyfriend and I drove up and down Rt. 50 stopping off at varios antique malls. At our last stop, we picked up two copies of Spawn #1 from 1992 for $8 total. I'd say they're NM, white pages. Pat was more excited by them than I was, since as a child he loved Spawn.

I went to an outdoor market near my place yesterday that happens only twice a year - easily over a thousand vendors selling everything including the kitchen sink (ok maybe not a sink, but I did see a one of those old school drinking fountains). It takes an entire day to cover the entire grounds.

Picked up only three comics - one of them was one of the tougher Whitman's - Popeye 158 (this isn't the actual copy, but here's the issue I'm referring to) in VF shape.

I even made a strong offer to buy a 60's era comic stand (not a spinner) but they wouldn't sell.

Yeah, I check Craigslist weekly.

There's a ton of over priced junk, but occasionally you score nice.

Few months back picked up a few short boxes that included 3 of the 4 Miracleman TPB's, a nice Preacher run, Hellboys, a Lobo slipcase set, bunch of Sin City books & a load of early 1st edition trade paperbacks.

I went to an outdoor market near my place yesterday that happens only twice a year - easily over a thousand vendors selling everything including the kitchen sink (ok maybe not a sink, but I did see a one of those old school drinking fountains). It takes an entire day to cover the entire grounds.

Picked up only three comics - one of them was one of the tougher Whitman's - Popeye 158 (this isn't the actual copy, but here's the issue I'm referring to) in VF shape.

I even made a strong offer to buy a 60's era comic stand (not a spinner) but they wouldn't sell.

Real nice find! Congrats.