• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty cool finds - last couple Estate Sales!!

28 posts in this topic

Those baseball card sheets are pretty cool. Are they reprints or something, they look really glossy? I see Ted Williams in the bottom corner. :cloud9:

They were inserted into the first issue of Sports Illustrated. They are glossy looking as they are printed on magazine paper, the same as the rest of the magazine, in a three page foldout format.

However, there was a reproduction on the #1 issue printed several years ago.

How much for the Wizard of Oz set? My daughters would love it.

Well , we own the business and making $$ for the client is my 1st concern , so I usually let things be priced by a couple of knowledgeable contacts that we bring in prior to sale. I let items run through at least 1st day of sale until 1/2 price minus our 30% commission the 2nd day or after sale. .Our experts don't usually have time to get around to pricing books,mags,toys etc. individually , so I can sometimes pick up a deal here and there.

RE the SI . It's Mint,mint b/c it was never opened. The cards are exact same as '54 cards issued that year . As a matter of fact there has been some E-Bay scandals where they made cards out of these and tried to pass them off. There is a whole argument around whether if "pieces of paper" cut from mags can/should be considered as collectible. Regardless some individual one's have been sold. There was huge warehouse find of #1 , so #2 is more valuable, however mine is hardback advanced copy?

Can't find any comps on '74 Wiz. of Oz?

Original GI footlocker(red) is valued at $4000 in one guide. Mine is '80's.

Sword I'm still trying to figure out if it's "ceremonial" or "combat.

B~

Well , we own the business and making $$ for the client is my 1st concern , so I usually let things be priced by a couple of knowledgeable contacts that we bring in prior to sale. I let items run through at least 1st day of sale until 1/2 price minus our 30% commission the 2nd day or after sale. .Our experts don't usually have time to get around to pricing books,mags,toys etc. individually , so I can sometimes pick up a deal here and there.

RE the SI . It's Mint,mint b/c it was never opened. The cards are exact same as '54 cards issued that year . As a matter of fact there has been some E-Bay scandals where they made cards out of these and tried to pass them off. There is a whole argument around whether if "pieces of paper" cut from mags can/should be considered as collectible. Regardless some individual one's have been sold. There was huge warehouse find of #1 , so #2 is more valuable, however mine is hardback advanced copy?

B~

I would also like to find the SI Silver Annv. issue from '57 that I have this original picture and letter from.

B~

123aaap045.jpg

123aaap047-2.jpg

B~

I would also like to find the SI Silver Annv. issue from '57 that I have this original picture and letter from.

B~

123aaap045.jpg

123aaap047-2.jpg

I know a bit about Civil War stuff. Do you know if the sword is marked on the tang? Lots of times, you'll see something like "Ames Chicopee" (most common) or "Horstmann". Judging by the pic, it LOOKS reenactment. Is that a sword carrier beside it?

B~

B~

123aaap045.jpg

123aaap047-2.jpg

A hooks quote of himself. My day is complete. :cloud9: