• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade another Sub-Mariner #57

11 posts in this topic

Actually, that type of spine stress is a printing flaw. I'm not sure what CGC's stance on that is now, but I had a Strange Tales #135 a couple years ago that looked almost as bad and was graded 8.5.

Not saying yours will grade that, but I do think that stress is printers error

Thanks for the comments. I haven't bought this book yet, I'm weighing it up against several others. I think this would be a fantastic book but for the spine stress - I agree it looks a little odd for normal wear and tear for a spine to get like that and rest of the book to look so good! Ideally I want a 9.2, but I think those are hard to find.

Actually, that type of spine stress is a printing flaw. I'm not sure what CGC's stance on that is now, but I had a Strange Tales #135 a couple years ago that looked almost as bad and was graded 8.5.

Not saying yours will grade that, but I do think that stress is printers error

That may be, but there would be a limited audience with buy in to that book being an 8.5 grade. There are thousands of examples of "better" 8.5s.