• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghengishahn's WWCC Report (lots of pictures)

22 posts in this topic

It's been about 8-10 years since I've been to any sort of comic book convention so this year I decided I would take the girlfriend and go to Chicago for the weekend to see her friends and while we were, we would go the comic con on Saturday. I even convinced her friends to go with us. :) None of them are into comics so they didn't really know what to expect, but overall, they hung in there pretty good, especially since they served alcohol at the convention. Overall, I had a great time and it was a lot of fun. I was a little disappointed with the selection of high grade CGC comics. I was hoping to see more than that what dealers have listed on their websites because I could easily just buy them online. Maybe they were all sold out when I got there, but most of the stuff I saw was raw. (shrug) I actually didnt even end up buying anything. Oh well, it was a fun experience and I definitely want to go back next year. :) On to the pictures!

Driving up to the convention center and being the goof ball I am. And for those with attention to detail...no its not my car and I would never hang heart shaped trinkets from my mirror. lol

CCC16.jpg

My girlfriend and I outside getting ready to walk in.

CCC1.jpg

CCC17.jpg

CCC34.jpg

Michelle Rodriguez...didn't get to talk to her but she seemed really nice with the fans.

CCC2.jpg

HULK BORED! HULK SAY BUY PICTURE FOR $30.

CCC12.jpg

A better picture of Lou.

CCC18.jpg

The girls talking to Lou.

CCC13.jpg

CCC10.jpg

Donna D'errico...talk about plastic surgery! Way to much botox and silicone. Yikes.

CCC21.jpg

Peter Brady

CCC22.jpg

Jay Park (Darth Maul, Toad, and Snake Eyes)

CCC25.jpg

The Honkey Tonk Man!!

CCC24.jpg

The guy that played Chuckie

CCC29.jpg

Chewbacca...even kinda looks like him in real life.

CCC30.jpg

CCC3.jpg

The obligatory storm trooper

CCC26.jpg

Loki has really let himself go.

CCC19.jpg

So has Thor...the yellow duct tape on the boots is a nice touch though lol.

CCC20.jpg

Some pretty ladies.

CCC23.jpg

CCC33.jpg

CCC27.jpg

Haha...no clue.

CCC28.jpg

CCC32.jpg

This was one of the highlights of the comic con. Back near the concession area, they had some sort of ring where you could...well...I don't exactly know. These guys dressed as Jedi's were giving people instructions on how to fight with a light saber. I just thought it was kind of funny because I think the "Star Wars Kid" from youtube could have taught this thing. Anyways, the girls were all boozed up and thought they would give it a try.

CCC6.jpg

CCC7.jpg

CCC8.jpg

CCC9.jpg

CCC5.jpg

Great photos! None of the that usual boring stuff of showing comic dealers, other boardies, and booths full of comics!

(This is much more interesting. (thumbs u )

CCC32.jpg

We were on the other side of the doors watching as that womans kids all ran away from her as she lit a cigarette. You can see some of us getting ready to board the shuttle in the third door from the right.

ccc24.jpg

Judging by the colorful shirt and hair, I'm pretty sure that's Terry O'neill.

How much does he get for an autograph?

pretty sure he pays you just to stop and notice him lol