• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

585 posts in this topic

Gaz, the two sandwiches of four is good - make sure that when CGC open the box the books come out in the order they appear on the submission form.

As for the slabs, wrap the two together in plenty of layers of bubble wrap and tape around all the joins. At least 6 layers of wrap. it may be an idea to tape the sandwiches to the completed bundle of CGC books, then bag the bundle and tape it shut.

Find an oversized box and pack out well. I'd recommend polystyrene chippings, pack them in tight so the bundle won't move. It may then be a good idea to doub;e box.

Gaz, the two sandwiches of four is good - make sure that when CGC open the box the books come out in the order they appear on the submission form.

As for the slabs, wrap the two together in plenty of layers of bubble wrap and tape around all the joins. At least 6 layers of wrap. it may be an idea to tape the sandwiches to the completed bundle of CGC books, then bag the bundle and tape it shut.

Find an oversized box and pack out well. I'd recommend polystyrene chippings, pack them in tight so the bundle won't move. It may then be a good idea to doub;e box.

Really? They can't work it out otherwise lol

They request it. It speeds up your submission apparently.

When You say double box do you mean Place the packages, taped together, into one over sized box with chippings and then place that box into a second slightly bigger box with some more chippings?

(thumbs u

They request it. It speeds up your submission apparently.

Back to staples or elsewhere for a slightly bigger box then

Edited by gaz2810i

Seems like a mightily costly amount of packaging :insane: It will be worth the cost if the books get there and secure. I just hope they post back as securlely for the $80 they ask. :censored:

Have you emailed CGC to check the current shipping rates?

yeah it's $80 for 1-10 books, $95 for 11-20 books and $110 for 21 - 30 Books.

It seems simple enough. They want as many submissions as possible, $80 for one book is just way to expensive for 10 books is actually resonable. $95 for 20 is awsome if you can afford the grading fees.

Either way, put in a note to request all books to be shipped back at the same time. Some tiers are falling way behind at the moment, and you don't want to get hit with two lots of return shipping.

........ but I’ve seen it mentioned on here before about a tutorial for packing books for shipping, so I’ve taken it upon myself to put one together.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you state the following in your last sales thread?

To wrap it all off a slab I sold to a boardie through eBay arrived damaged, and although he'd bought insurance with the shipping I left the receipt in my jeans pocket and washed it, so the refund is on me.

What happened? :baiting:

Didn't follow your packing instructions? :baiting:

Let's talk about packaging tape.

I've found 3M Scotch Packaging Tape to be the best.

MMM3850.jpg

Others I've tried are too thin and are prone to splitting. Just finished using a roll that split virtually every time I used it. :pullhair:

I'm using 3M Scotch Packaging Tape now and it is better because it's thicker and comes off the roll much easier.

BTW - Here is an explanation of why tape tends to split.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89300369

I've found 3M Scotch Packaging Tape to be the best.

But too expensive... :preach:

DOLLAR STORE tape is best :headbang:

Lots of tape, cheap, and I only had one roll out of hundreds purchased that kept splitting on me so much I could not user it. So I lost my dollar on that roll.