• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC ZONE ON NOW- WITH NEAL ADAMS

474 posts in this topic

still listening .....BARELY

I think Mr adams should leave science to the scientists ...

Im a bit disturbed to find my favorite penciler seems to be a LOON!

still listening .....BARELY

I think Mr adams should leave science to the scientists ...

Dude, I met him in NYC with Gene last year. We were literally the only two people there and we aren't saying anything. So Neal is like, "what, doesn't anybody want to talk to me?" So I say something like "Neal - tell me your best Batman story" So he goes and looks at me like I am some kinda nut job like and says to me "Batman? What do you want to talk about Batman for? What do you know about evolution!" I almost myself - EVOLUTION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Boy you guys are tough... I realize you want to hear him talk more about comics. We did talk about comics for half the show, but here is a guy who has been asked the same questions over and over and over again and wanted to share something a little different that he is very passionate about. I think that after everything he has given us over the years, all the great art, stories etc...we can spend a half hour to hear about what I thought was a very intriguing theory of how the universe came to be. C'mon guys give Neal a break, this was obviously well thought out and interesting.

Sincerely,

Vincent

Boy you guys are tough... I realize you want to hear him talk more about comics. We did talk about comics for half the show, but here is a guy who has been asked the same questions over and over and over again and wanted to share something a little different that he is very passionate about. I think that after everything he has given us over the years, all the great art, stories etc...we can spend a half hour to hear about what I thought was a very intriguing theory of how the universe came to be. C'mon guys give Neal a break, this was obviously well thought out and interesting.

Sincerely,

Vincent

FIrst off, it's awesome that you were able to get Neal for the show. But think of it from the fanboy perspective - Neal Adams is a living legend especially to bat fanatics such as myself. I respect what he has done and would LOVE to hear all about Batman more so than his thoughts on evolution. While I know that he does get asked the same questions time and time again, for someone out there (namely me) it would be my first time hearing his answers.

Regardless, his first half hour was very cool and I did enjoy that segment immensely.

Any thoughts for the next show?

DAM

been going on for some time now.

nealidphoto.jpg

But at least he's not as bad as his protege, formerly known to Bronze Age DC fans as Mike Nasser:

http://www.michaelnetzer.com/

michael-02.jpg

What is it about photo-realistic DC comics artists that makes them think of themselves as latter-day Elijah or Copernicus figures?

And, given this trend, will we need to schedule an intervention for Mr. Alex Ross soon? 27_laughing.gif

I disagree heavily with 'well thought out'.

"Chariot of the Gods' by Von Daniken seems well thought out if you know no better.

Maybe Im touchy with this as I used to teach Biology/Chemistry/Geology at HS in the SouthEast and much of his musings strike me as unfounded creationism.

nah...just the last two or three chapters - - 4 years worth!!

Its just a letdown to see it end like this. 300 issues seemed like plenty of space to get the story told..but it really seems rushed to shoehorn an ending now. Cerebus had to age 3/4s of his life in the last 1/6th of the book just to meet the self-imposed deadline.

Of course, its an acquired taste when "rushed" involves taking three full pages just to have Cerebus walk painfully from the table to his bed twenty feet away! We get it! He's OLDDDD!

been going on for some time now.

nealidphoto.jpg

But at least he's not as bad as his protege, formerly known to Bronze Age DC fans as Mike Nasser:

http://www.michaelnetzer.com/

michael-02.jpg

What is it about photo-realistic DC comics artists that makes them think of themselves as latter-day Elijah or Copernicus figures?

And, given this trend, will we need to schedule an intervention for Mr. Alex Ross soon? 27_laughing.gif

Okay.....this is some weird mess.... insane.gif