• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC ZONE ON NOW- WITH NEAL ADAMS

474 posts in this topic

Enjoyed the interview much more than I'd imagined considering all the "bad" internet talk radio out there. I thought you all gave him way too much line on his "theory" of the universe though...

One point....

His explanation on the failure of the Continuity Comics line, and Deathwatch 2000 in particular, left a lot to be desired considering the facts at the time. If he had been upfront in 1993 and gave this explanation, that new comics were starting to sell poorly and sitting in 50 cent boxes, then I could handle it. But what we got instead were promises from his company for a year that the storyline would continue and the delays would be rectified. This after buyers had been suckered into buying the whole 1st chapter across the whole line. His explanation sounds reasonable now but the reality at the time was to string readers along.

I don't like spinning whether it was then or now and it sounds like Adams has done it on both ends......the end result being fans stuck with comics that they can't even enjoy on re-reading and Continuity making a quick gob of cash....

Jim

What is it about photo-realistic DC comics artists that makes them think of themselves as latter-day Elijah or Copernicus figures?

Maybe it's because we have to think so much in order to figure out how everything works, so we can draw it realistically and tell good stories about it, that we wind up figuring out everything there is to know about the universe - and then we realize we'd better tell someobody about it before it's too late.

And, given this trend, will we need to schedule an intervention for Mr. Alex Ross soon? 27_laughing.gif

A pre-emptive strike would be more like it. I'd start planning it now, unless you like this kind of stuff.

In which case you'd love Time for Tomorrow.

What is it about photo-realistic DC comics artists that makes them think of themselves as latter-day Elijah or Copernicus figures?

Maybe it's because we have to think so much in order to figure out how everything works, so we can draw it realistically and tell good stories about it, that we wind up figuring out everything there is to know about the universe - and then we realize we'd better tell someobody about it before it's too late.

And, given this trend, will we need to schedule an intervention for Mr. Alex Ross soon? 27_laughing.gif

A pre-emptive strike would be more like it. I'd start planning it now, unless you like this kind of stuff.

In which case you'd love Time for Tomorrow.

whoa. Welcome to the boards! You still in Israel?

no, that's not it. i think it's all the coffee and amphetimines y'all took in the seventies, trying to meet deadlines

are you still drawing? Maybe good old Levitz will give you a story to work on. Or maybe there's still a desk at Continuity for ya!

I'm drawing a lot and you can see a lot of it at Flaming Sword. (link in signature)

I have my own projects going but would welcome something with DC or Neal. I'm waiting till someone notices the work and also thinks it's a good idea.

no, that's not it. i think it's all the coffee and amphetimines y'all took in the seventies, trying to meet deadlines

That's just a myth, really. I mean that coffee and amphetimines having any significant effect on the mind. We did our share of everything, that's true. But we're the way we are from birth. It even supercedes genetics.

That's just a myth, really. I mean that coffee and amphetimines having any significant effect on the mind. We did our share of everything, that's true. But we're the way we are from birth. It even supercedes genetics.

i think your sarcasm detector might be on the fritz. not 100% sure, but all the signs are there

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Personally, I cannot even listen to Neal Adams anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Texas to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

Personally, I cannot even listen to Neal Adams anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Texas to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

Ya know JC.. I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing about you! poke2.gif

It fits perfectly...

Personally, I cannot even listen to JC anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Texas to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

Ze-

Ya know JC.. I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing about you! poke2.gif

It fits perfectly...

Personally, I cannot even listen to JC anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Texas to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

Ze-

Ya know Ze...I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing about you! poke2.gif

It fits, well.....not perfectly....but ....kinda'. When Ellen has been up all night and you're cranky and it's hot and the air-conditioning has been on the fritz!

Personally, I cannot even listen to Ze anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Indiana to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

Ya know Ze...I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing about you! poke2.gif

It fits, well.....not perfectly....but ....kinda'. When Ellen has been up all night and you're cranky and it's hot and the air-conditioning has been on the fritz!

Personally, I cannot even listen to Ze anymore. The guy is way out there, and must have an ego the size of Indiana to actually believe he has "it all figured out". screwy.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, huh Ze?

I think we can just insert anyones/everyones name in that statement, and it would still work!

Especially Bono!!!

yay.gif

Ze-

i think your sarcasm detector might be on the fritz. not 100% sure, but all the signs are there

The sarcasm detector works fine, I just ignore it sometimes because it lights up on most everything I hear these days. I'm up for a good laugh just like anyone, though.

The internet's peculiar in that way, isn't it? I know how much fun it can be to snark everything going on in this odd world, and there's no lack of it here, that's for sure.

But people are fickle and not always in a sarcastic mood. Sometimes people take things seriously, especially when it referrs to them. Imagine if Neal was to pop into this board for example. It wouldn't be such a laugh as it is with me, that's for sure. He takes what he's doing seriously, as well he should.

For all the people ridiculing him here, I wonder how many have even given a moment's thought to the subject he's researching in the science project. I mean, beyond the quick laugh.

There is a real problem with how geologists perceive the Earth came into being and Neal is exposing it. A lot of scientific minded people have said that he's onto something.

The way it seems to me is that the evidence shows that the Earth grew, as he says. All the other garbage scientists say about this being impossible is really just garbage. They use their academic snobbery to make people who reject their theory appear incompetent.

And people pay homage to scientists as if they're infallible. Even knowing how fickle and fast scientific theory changes.

To hear someone like Neal and to laugh at him is easy - and it's also stupid.

To think about it and wonder why the hell the continents are 4 billion years older that the ocean floor - that takes a little bit of brains. And a curiosity that so many people have forfeited for the cheap laugh.

So yeah, I can laugh along with those who wanna laugh. Maybe I'm not always laughing at the same thing though.

but jeeez mIke - -- you're pixellated too!!! SO of course Neal makes sense? : )

The continents are 4 billion years older than the seabottom? Which sea bottom, the ULTIMATE sea bottom under the last 4 billion years of sediment? Has anyone aged THAT sea bottom? Where can I read up on Neal's science project. Ive heard tell some stuff, but not seen any pages...