• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman #18 Euro Blank Megathread! Well...at most 555

734 posts in this topic

I like it, but someone bought a sketch that read "to Glen"?????

no, someone bought a sketch that read "For Glenn"!!! :o

Yes...someone bought that ;) and I love that Batman sketch. Even if Glenn is a cool name, what would you think about to let this sketch color and transform the "For Glenn!" into buildings in the background? So the sketch would get a neutral touch.

Share with me your thoughts.

That is a great idea. You should get Scott Williams to do it (thumbs u

Scott Williams, that would be a wish...but at the moment I have no idea how to get this happen. Maybe at a next con.

So my second thoughts were also Mike Lilly.

Did anyone else get this email today?

Hello,

Panini informed us that the Batman blank edition will be shipped in the first week of january 2011.In order to ship as fast as possible you will receive an invoice of your order. Check this invoice and if everything is O.K. feel free to transfer the money with PayPal.It would make things easier for us if you add your invoice number. You find this number on the invoice above in the right corner. It starts with 11......

Invoices are due on the 31. of december. After this date we will offer the copies from not paid invoices to other customers because the demand is huge and we´re sold out!

There will be an offer for a Spider-Man Blank edition very soon. We keep you informed.

We wish you and your family a very nice christmas and a happy new year,

Alex + Team

Alexander Fischer

Inhaber & Geschäftsführer

I have painted and pen and ink commissions done directly into a published book I own and the pages are super glossy to start with. I sand them down a bit with the finest car paint finishing paper and then put down a couple layers of gesso that is then smoothed down using the same finishing paper.

Makes a great white surface for ink, markers, paint, even pastel.

Could not something similar be done to these glossy blanks? Wouldn't preparation like that form part of the sketch and therefore shouldn't affect the designation of the yellow SS label.

Or am I missing something?

I like it, but someone bought a sketch that read "to Glen"?????

no, someone bought a sketch that read "For Glenn"!!! :o

Yes...someone bought that ;) and I love that Batman sketch. Even if Glenn is a cool name, what would you think about to let this sketch color and transform the "For Glenn!" into buildings in the background? So the sketch would get a neutral touch.

Share with me your thoughts.

That is a great idea. You should get Scott Williams to do it (thumbs u

Scott Williams, that would be a wish...but at the moment I have no idea how to get this happen. Maybe at a next con.

So my second thoughts were also Mike Lilly.

Having two Batman 18 done by Lilly would be really awesome, your current one s one of the best out there....

I got the email. I responded and asked if they would be like the glossy 58s. This is the message I got in return.

"Hello, I think they are like the #58's. Is this really a problem? I saw some very nice sketches on such issues. I think it depends on the pen you use.

Let me know if you would like to cancel. There are some other shops in the chain who would like to have some but we're sold out.

Best

Alex"

I have painted and pen and ink commissions done directly into a published book I own and the pages are super glossy to start with. I sand them down a bit with the finest car paint finishing paper and then put down a couple layers of gesso that is then smoothed down using the same finishing paper.

Makes a great white surface for ink, markers, paint, even pastel.

Could not something similar be done to these glossy blanks? Wouldn't preparation like that form part of the sketch and therefore shouldn't affect the designation of the yellow SS label.

Or am I missing something?

Using even the Finest Sand paper on a Cover is almost like hearing Chalk Screech on a Chalkboard, it just makes me CRINGE.

I got the email. I responded and asked if they would be like the glossy 58s. This is the message I got in return.

"Hello, I think they are like the #58's. Is this really a problem? I saw some very nice sketches on such issues. I think it depends on the pen you use.

Let me know if you would like to cancel. There are some other shops in the chain who would like to have some but we're sold out.

Best

Alex"

Don't quote me, but I think the 58s are the ones from the last ones that came out... hm

I have been emailing back and forth with Alex from X-comics. I relayed my concerns about the glossy problem and hesitation about these new blanks.

Not to get too many hopes up but he just told me he has spoken with Panini and they were aware of the problem and the new issues would NOT be glossy. Not sure if that means Marvel sketch cover type stock or a Batman 18 type stock.

Either way it sounds encouraging :)