• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What type of job do you have?

Type of job  

633 members have voted

1. 1. Type of job

116 posts in this topic

What type of job do you have?

Brand spanking new, thank you! :banana:

You forgot a key option other than self-employeed... CONTRACT

:P

Yep that's the new hip thing for employers, no benefits, etc. Plus you can dump the employees once your done with them without any problems.

I work for the State of California, so technically I'm full time and salaried, but I get furloughed three days a month. Does that make me part-time?

(And semi-OT, because of Arnold's lay-off threats, I switched agencies to one that is specially funded. I'm now a staff counsel at the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which is really cool.)

I work for the State of California, so technically I'm full time and salaried, but I get furloughed three days a month. Does that make me part-time?

(And semi-OT, because of Arnold's lay-off threats, I switched agencies to one that is specially funded. I'm now a staff counsel at the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which is really cool.)

Yeah, ABC isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Here in Oregon we have the OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) where they control all the sales and service of alcoholic beverages and are also the only distributor of liquor in the state. Booze is a good business to be in at the regulatory level.

As for the job, I'm full time, hourly, union contract and with full benefits. I'm pretty damn thankful for that considering the financial climate.

Hourly with a 50 hour weekly guarantee, whether I work that much or not - and overtime frowned upon, so it feels like salaried work - contracted for the length of the project, and union benefits - so technically hourly - but my paycheck is the same every week.

But, hey, in this econnomic climate I'm happy to be working.