• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

I don't know what page it is but I'm at the 8:11:04 hour mark of the 21:02:12 long Audible.com app for android version of Frank Herbert's Dune.

Paul's just become Duke. I last read Dune as a very young adolescent. My copy is the glorious Lynch movie version cover.

I'm struck now by how closely it resembles GoT. From my current point in the novel, for example, the comet over Caladan accompanying Duke Leto's death reminds me of the red comet over Westeros following Ned Stark's death.

There's a near gang rape of Jessica whilst she's bound & gagged. Very proto-GRRM.

The various houses & their sigils. The feudalism & debauchery. The politics.

Family Gothic.

I don't know what page it is but I'm at the 8:11:04 hour mark of the 21:02:12 long Audible.com app for android version of Frank Herbert's Dune.

Paul's just become Duke. I last read Dune as a very young adolescent. My copy is the glorious Lynch movie version cover.

I'm struck now by how closely it resembles GoT. From my current point in the novel, for example, the comet over Caladan accompanying Duke Leto's death reminds me of the red comet over Westeros following Ned Stark's death.

There's a near gang rape of Jessica whilst she's bound & gagged. Very proto-GRRM.

Family Gothic.

Compare and contrast "The Borgias" to GoT.

They are unbelievably similar.

Family Gothic.

You mean how closely GoT resembles Dune?

Just make it to the fourth book is all I ask of you.

My life should be back to what passes for normal about a week from now, so regular posts to the Shadow Gallery will resume then with a massive picture dump soon thereafter!

:acclaim:

My life should be back to what passes for normal about a week from now, so regular posts to the Shadow Gallery will resume then with a massive picture dump soon thereafter!

May your life enjoy fine meals to be shot & included in the photo dump once it ends passing for abnormal in about a week.

That was a booboo with the Dune/GoT sentence structure. :cry:

I shall make it to the 4th book for you. :foryou:

:banana::whee::banana:

I love John Elton.

Jennie and the Bets is one of my favorite songs.

This I can get behind. Much better than dangleberry.

You can't stop dangleberry.

My analytics show it's about to go viral.

I love John Elton.

Your analytics wouldn't by any chance happen to come from your nether regions would they?

I love John Elton.

Your analytics wouldn't by any chance happen to come from your nether regions would they?

Projection.

Butt virus.

Get ointment.