• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Great stuff!! (thumbs u

But with the dark ceiling and walls, you're gonna need more light!

Thanks, Zipper.

Yeah, I have three additional light sources in the room. (thumbs u

Here's the completed daybed, stained, varnished and on wheels. I thought that putting dolly wheels on it would give it a nice industrial look and make it easier to move.

It houses 16 short boxes, almost as many as one of my shelves, so I'm pretty happy about that.

ComicBookRoomRedo111.jpg

While I'm finishing up all the purtying up of the room, (ceiling, trim and walls painted, multiple coats, all shelving and desk stained and varnished. The desk has five coats of polyurethene) and touching up and waiting for things to dry, I know I need to be working on yet another project. I want a daybed in the room for reading, comfort, and just to have an extra bed in the house. I know that space is a premium, and I could also use more space for comic boxes, so I realise that since the wall that the bed will go on is narrow, and since I want it to be comic book specific, I'll have to build it.

So while I'm waiting on the paint to finish drying, I build a daybed.

ComicBookRoomRedo108.jpg

Ok. You've just achieved a level of dork I didn't know existed.

You're seriously putting a day bed in your comic room?

Do your parents know you're doing this remodeling to their pantry? hm

We're getting close, and I am running on fumes at this point. All along the way, I had thought I would just stain the floor and be done with it, but my wife actually talked me into laying wood flooring. I was trying to keep down costs, but I agreed that the room would look a lot nicer with wood, and since I had never lain wood flooring and since we plan on laying it in three other rooms in the house, it made sense to practice on the Comic Book Room.

ComicBookRoomRedo113.jpg

While I'm finishing up all the purtying up of the room, (ceiling, trim and walls painted, multiple coats, all shelving and desk stained and varnished. The desk has five coats of polyurethene) and touching up and waiting for things to dry, I know I need to be working on yet another project. I want a daybed in the room for reading, comfort, and just to have an extra bed in the house. I know that space is a premium, and I could also use more space for comic boxes, so I realise that since the wall that the bed will go on is narrow, and since I want it to be comic book specific, I'll have to build it.

ComicBookRoomRedo108.jpg

WTF is a daybed?

Nevermind, I don't want to know. I am fairly sure you have to turn in your man card for using words like that.

and since I had never lain wood flooring and since we plan on laying it in three other rooms in the house, it made sense to practice on the Comic Book Room.

Is this a floating floor? (click together with no nails) Are they as easy to install as the manufactuer's claim?

and since I had never lain wood flooring and since we plan on laying it in three other rooms in the house, it made sense to practice on the Comic Book Room.

Is this a floating floor? (click together with no nails) Are they as easy to install as the manufactuer's claim?

Yes it is, and yes it is. (thumbs u

You will need a miter saw for cutting trim, or a miter box and a handheld saw, some poly for a moisture barrier, a saw for cutting the flooring, patience, and some liquid nails and putty. A few other odds and ends. This cost me about $350.00 for the floor, not counting the tools.

ComicBookRoomRedo108.jpg

WTF is a daybed?

Nevermind, I don't want to know. I am fairly sure you have to turn in your man card for using words like that.

FAIL! You get an upgrade on your man card for thinking to use such a girly apparatus in a mancave! And, having built said apparatus yourownself, it loses whatever girlish stigma it may have had, and becomes a highly useful manthing! (Yes, I said MANTHING, Giant-Size, even :acclaim: )

why a bed in a comic room?

Why, to read in comfort, of course!

The bald man with the big sword wins the prize.

Turn in your card, was very cool until you put day and bed together. What's wrong with a recliner or executive office chair. Shame too as it was looking real good.

Turn in your card, was very cool until you put day and bed together. What's wrong with a recliner or executive office chair. Shame too as it was looking real good.

Or a Star Trek Captain's chair even!

(sorry Ciorac, all in good fun)

wow, the great daybed controversy.

I'm speechless. Except I'm smirking at the idea that none of the guys who are so vocal about my manhood could likely rewire, demo, construct, or build said room.

Please, carry on. I couldn't possibly care less what one individual on the internet thinks of my manhood. :roflmao:

I'm speechless. Except I'm smirking at the idea that none of the guys who are so vocal about my manhood could likely rewire, demo, construct, or build said room.

Please, carry on. I couldn't possibly care less what one individual on the internet thinks of my manhood. :roflmao:

Hurry up and get to the part where you choose tapestry, and adorn your comic shelves with doilies. :shy:

:baiting:

Don't pay them no mind, keep posting pictures. But to make up for the Day Bed, you could add a kegorator to compensate....

We were just kidding, don't get all offended.

I did have to look up daybed on google images though. Will you be putting a duvet on it? lol

He lost me at Daybed, but then got me back with "It holds 16 short boxes, and can be rolled around." You can't store comics under your recliner, man status redeemed through the use of power tools and adding utility where before there were only images of a tea party and frilly hats.

C