• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

I hate to say it, but I think your dad's cooler than my dad.

lol lol I know people that would feel "cool" and "my dad" don't go together. He is defenitly unique I'll give him that.

Thanks for the kind words and if you have any questions feel free to post them in the thread.

Actually, shouldn`t the credit go to Andrew`s grandparents, particularly grandmother, for letting his father spend his money on comics and then not throwing them away like so many other moms did?

Thank you as well Tim. :hi:

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

Congrats to all owners....I'm very happy for you...all sweet books...yada yada yada...

Just stick a knife in me, why doncha! :sorry:

Sorry, it's just that to see "my" copy, you'll have to ask Metro. They got my NM- ish back in '93. Still hurts.

But hey, as long as you all have yours... (thumbs u

Rick

Rick, I think it`s a disgrace and an insult to all JLA collectors everywhere that you don`t own a B&B 28. Please sell off your JLA collection immediately.

:mad:

Actually, I would, but who would want it? hm JLA values are going in the toilet...right? The Avengers is where it's at (at least until after the movie's release)!

Besides, once you get past the very 1st issue, the rest of a title -value wise- is beneath contempt, n'est-ce pas?

Oh, and my vote also goes to B&B #30. The concept of a villain with ALL combined powers of the League is the ultimate!!

Rick

Actually, I would, but who would want it? hm JLA values are going in the toilet...right? The Avengers is where it's at (at least until after the movie's release)!

Besides, once you get past the very 1st issue, the rest of a title -value wise- is beneath contempt, n'est-ce pas?

You're absolutely right, but just because I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to take them off your hands at 100% Guide!!! What a deal!

Tim, that is one nice book. I nominate you as chairman of the club. Do I hear a second?

Second.

worship-king-smilie.gif

I can`t be chairman of the club. I`m one of those collectors who actually doesn`t like the cover very much. lol

Tim you fail. #1 tell us how important and rare BB 28 is especially in higher grades and #2 just tell us how many more copies you have hidden away to sell in 6 months.

What's a thread like this worth without the carnival barkers going buckwild ?

Tim, that is one nice book. I nominate you as chairman of the club. Do I hear a second?

Second.

worship-king-smilie.gif

I can`t be chairman of the club. I`m one of those collectors who actually doesn`t like the cover very much. lol

Tim you fail. #1 tell us how important and rare BB 28 is especially in higher grades and #2 just tell us how many more copies you have hidden away to sell in 6 months.

doh!

We need someone to play the role of M.A.R.S. and pump up the volume!

You're absolutely right, but just because I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to take them off your hands at 100% Guide!!! What a deal!

Gee Thanx Tim! But just so I'm clear: "100% Guide" is just fancy geek-speak for "FMV"...right?

I'm currently trying to re-fi my current 15 yr fixed back to a 30 (which would save me over $400 a month) so I can buy a 2nd property, but...the appraisal just came back and :(:frustrated::pullhair: So, if I can't pull this off, then :wishluck: for you. (thumbs u

Rick

Gee Thanx Tim! But just so I'm clear: "100% Guide" is just fancy geek-speak for "FMV"...right?

That means "above FMV". :gossip:

Remember the old days when dealers would publish buying prices which would generally be 50% of Guide, and for super hot keys would magnanimously pay 100% Guide? lol

I'm currently trying to re-fi my current 15 yr fixed back to a 30 (which would save me over $400 a month) so I can buy a 2nd property, but...the appraisal just came back and :(:frustrated::pullhair: So, if I can't pull this off, then :wishluck: for you. (thumbs u

Rick

Oh no! The buzzards are circling...

We need someone to play the role of M.A.R.S. and pump up the volume!

was at a show this weekend and there wasn't a copy in the room; i have the lash marks from chuckle's ponytail as we scrounged the $1 boxes to prove it. there's a bidding war from the movie studios on the JLA -script based on Geoff Johns's four word pitch: "Megan Fox Nude Scene." get your copy NOW before the rest of the world take advantage of the weakening dollar to buy: the Grand Canyon & every copy of B&B #28.

Edited by paperheart

Here's my entry to the club. It's in a CGC Blue Labeled 7.5 with WHITE pages.

It's easy to pick up a 9.2,9.4 copy but try finding a copy with White pages (lol).

scan0068.jpg

Interesting book...a great copy but it appears to have been printed without benefit of blue ink. Reminds me of this one in my collection. Both should have light blue backgrounds. (Mine is also has very weak reds, which yours doesn't have a problem with)

BB23.jpg

Here's my entry to the club. It's in a CGC Blue Labeled 7.5 with WHITE pages.

It's easy to pick up a 9.2,9.4 copy but try finding a copy with White pages (lol).

scan0068.jpg

Interesting book...a great copy but it appears to have been printed without benefit of blue ink. Reminds me of this one in my collection. Both should have light blue backgrounds. (Mine is also has very weak reds, which yours doesn't have a problem with)

BB23.jpg

Never really noticed the lack of blue ink before. It doesn't have a faded look.

This copy originated from Canada. Maybe that had something to do with it.