• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

Tim, that is one nice book. I nominate you as chairman of the club. Do I hear a second?

Second.

worship-king-smilie.gif

I can`t be chairman of the club. I`m one of those collectors who actually doesn`t like the cover very much. lol

Cool to know were the two highest graded copies are.

So you know who bought your 9.2 copy? hm

Don't know him personally, but we did meet him at the auction. He actually purchased the 28, 29, & 30. My dad had a short chat w/ him. But I think he was a private collecter and the books will probably not see the light of day for a long time. He also doesn't participate in the Reg. since I still have the books in my inventory. Nice guy, they went to a good home. (thumbs u

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

The Trifecta. :cloud9:

86811.jpg.f560b6d8425839cb47776ac16fd6effa.jpg

86812.jpg.4c981be15b6738666259d7fe1fb9c591.jpg

86813.jpg.a9acce3f3ad542eac0f9f4f14e621d52.jpg

Congrats to all owners....I'm very happy for you...all sweet books...yada yada yada...

Just stick a knife in me, why doncha! :sorry:

Sorry, it's just that to see "my" copy, you'll have to ask Metro. They got my NM- ish back in '93. Still hurts.

But hey, as long as you all have yours... (thumbs u

Rick

Congrats to all owners....I'm very happy for you...all sweet books...yada yada yada...

Sorry, it's just that to see "my" copy, you'll have to ask Metro. They got my NM- ish back in '93. Still hurts.

Rick

:(

I think of the three I might like the cover to issue 30 the best.

It's hard for me to get past the emotional attachment I feel for the 28, but if I could I think I'd like the 29 best. Hard to beat a purple background.

Don't know him personally, but we did meet him at the auction. He actually purchased the 28, 29, & 30. My dad had a short chat w/ him. But I think he was a private collecter and the books will probably not see the light of day for a long time. He also doesn't participate in the Reg. since I still have the books in my inventory. Nice guy, they went to a good home. (thumbs u

Andrew

So what were the origins of the books? Were they your original copies?

Andrew

Yes, they were my dad's OO books.

Link to the thread about my dad's collection, thanks to Tim. :hi:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2872537&fpart=1

For more info and Inventory.

Andrew

Rick

Rick, I think it`s a disgrace and an insult to all JLA collectors everywhere that you don`t own a B&B 28. Please sell off your JLA collection immediately.

I think of the three I might like the cover to issue 30 the best.

It's hard for me to get past the emotional attachment I feel for the 28, but if I could I think I'd like the 29 best. Hard to beat a purple background.

Agreed. I have a soft spot for all the JLA issues with Purple covers.

:cloud9:

Andrew

Yes, they were my dad's OO books.

Link to the thread about my dad's collection, thanks to Tim. :hi:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2872537&fpart=1

For more info and Inventory.

Andrew

:o

Holy Toledo, how did I miss all that??? Can't wait to read through the whole thread.

I hate to say it, but I think your dad's cooler than my dad.

lol

Actually, shouldn`t the credit go to Andrew`s grandparents, particularly grandmother, for letting his father spend his money on comics and then not throwing them away like so many other moms did?

Edited by tth2

So that`s it, there are only THREE current members of the club, and 2 former members?

Maybe I should sell my B&B and get me one of those SC 22s so I can go over to where the cool kids are hanging out.

meh

lol

Actually, shouldn`t the credit go to Andrew`s grandparents, particularly grandmother, for letting his father spend his money on comics and then not throwing them away like so many other moms did?

(worship) Grandma!

So that`s it, there are only THREE current members of the club, and 2 former members?

Maybe I should sell my B&B and get me one of those SC 22s so I can go over to where the cool kids are hanging out.

meh

You're in an elite club, Tim, meaning we're peons over in the #22 club... (worship)

meh

I'm still looking for a nice mid grade copy!