• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT SUES JIM SHOOTER

145 posts in this topic

What former Valiant alumni say about VEI sums it all up for me, whether Jim is right or wrong. And the way things got dragged down from discrediting to utter baffoonery here is the modus operandi of the Valiant Mafia (I told you they exist). As usual, I fall for the bait, so I am a :censored:-head. Guilty as charged. But this whole attack by the Valiant Mafia was merely a deflection from the main point. Congrats boyz, on ANOTHER smear job well-done.

Bottom line: I just hope that sometime in my lifetime there will be new Shooter stories involving Magnus, Solar, and Turok. The rest of the Valiant Universe had some good characters, but without the Gold Key Three, many seem pointless. My favorite was X-O Manowar, but even his origin is tied in with Solar. Maybe it's time for a fresh start on all of them, and let the original Universe part ways forever.....

Message to Dino: I don't know what happened to cause Jim to leave, but I hope you're happy with this silly mess you made, mate.......

Bottom line: I just hope that sometime in my lifetime there will be new Shooter stories involving Magnus, Solar, and Turok.

+1, hopefully sooner than later.

I think it was Rich Johnston who made a comparison to Valiant's complications to Marvelman's, and it made me wonder which we'll see being published again first.

Bottom line: I just hope that sometime in my lifetime there will be new Shooter stories involving Magnus, Solar, and Turok.

+1, hopefully sooner than later.

I think it was Rich Johnston who made a comparison to Valiant's complications to Marvelman's, and it made me wonder which we'll see being published again first.

Actually, if the Gold Key stuff is put on hold because of this, Dark Horse could easily license characters from Jim's DEFIANT and BROADWAY lines. I believe they are also owned by Classic Media, and (if you're familar with them) both Universes have interesting characters AND good sales potential. PLUS no disruptions from VEI or the Valiant Mafia, which goes a LONG way.

Actually, if the Gold Key stuff is put on hold because of this, Dark Horse could easily license characters from Jim's DEFIANT and BROADWAY lines. I believe they are also owned by Classic Media, and (if you're familar with them) both Universes have interesting characters AND good sales potential. PLUS no disruptions from VEI or the Valiant Mafia, which goes a LONG way.

I keep seeing this idea mentioned, but I don't see it happening. As much as I liked the Defiant and Broadway stuff, it wasn't really ever successful like Valiant or even the Gold Key stuff. The first issue of Warriors of Plasm sold a ton because of the speculators, but after that sales dropped off dramatically.

I keep seeing this idea mentioned, but I don't see it happening. As much as I liked the Defiant and Broadway stuff, it wasn't really ever successful like Valiant or even the Gold Key stuff. The first issue of Warriors of Plasm sold a ton because of the speculators, but after that sales dropped off dramatically.

Times have changed, and there might be a more attentive (and mature) audience for these Universe's characters today. Back in the heyday of the 90's comic boom, they may have been lost in the glut of new material, that made the Previews/Advance Comics catalogs thicker than a Manhattan phonebook. Starting the Defiant Universe with an expensive, limited edition binder and card set hurt more than helped, IMO. I believe the character of Michael Alexander, from Defiant's 'Dark Dominion' still has a very strong potential at success today. I could go on about some of the others great characters, but you get my point.

What former Valiant alumni say about VEI sums it all up for me, whether Jim is right or wrong. And the way things got dragged down from discrediting to utter baffoonery here is the modus operandi of the Valiant Mafia (I told you they exist). As usual, I fall for the bait, so I am a :censored:-head. Guilty as charged. But this whole attack by the Valiant Mafia was merely a deflection from the main point. Congrats boyz, on ANOTHER smear job well-done.

Bottom line: I just hope that sometime in my lifetime there will be new Shooter stories involving Magnus, Solar, and Turok. The rest of the Valiant Universe had some good characters, but without the Gold Key Three, many seem pointless. My favorite was X-O Manowar, but even his origin is tied in with Solar. Maybe it's time for a fresh start on all of them, and let the original Universe part ways forever.....

Message to Dino: I don't know what happened to cause Jim to leave, but I hope you're happy with this silly mess you made, mate.......

eh I could live without Turok tbh. The rest of the characters are linked in one form or another. Turok, just never really lit my fire.

Wait, where are Magnus, Doctor Solar, and Turok in that photo?

87220.jpg

I'm pretty sure Solar is the one in the button down with the cheesy tie.

You can't expect Phil to dress well. He's a science nerd.

What I want to know is why isn't Sting or Harada in this pic :sumo:

How do you know they're not, and they are tricking your mind into thinking otherwise?

:insane:

How do you know they're not, and they are tricking your mind into thinking otherwise?

:insane:

doh!

Well played sir... well played.

87220.jpg

Damn artist got lazy.

VEI ANNOUNCES NEW PRESIDENT AND PUBLISHER:

From Scoop:

Former Wizard top gun Fred Pierce has joined Valiant Entertainment, LLC as the company's new President and Publisher. He was, of course, with the original VALIANT before moving to Wizard.

It seems reasonable to expect an announcement of some projects in the near future.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=260&ai=87987

zzz Even if any new projects come out sometime within the next few years (and I don't mean reprinting old material with a new short story as a HC here), my level of anticipation is negative now due to the lengthy delays in getting anything done at all.