• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

$136 delivered. Looking at GPA I probably paid about market prices. 

Right on.  I have my eyeball on one that's CGC graded 9.6 and up on auction at Heritage Auction that sells on Sunday.  The grade is higher than what I have in my Registry and I think my highest is 9.2 which they gave me a lousy score for.  I think, they'll bumped me up a few hundred points if I can get it...of course my price limit is probably gonna be 250.00 max, things are a little tight around here being rent week and all.  Nice score BTW. 

8 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I'm in the process of updating TickComics.com

I'm about a year and a half behind, but hope to have it up to date within a few days.  I got busy last year... We adopted two sisters.  (ages 8 and 10)  The 10 year old has already read the original Edlund Tick comics and commonly makes references to some of the jokes/lines she's read.  :-)  Just doing my best to pass on the interest to the next generation.

I'd like to personally thank you for your time. I enjoy the site, as you can tell lol

12 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

@Dr. DankYou're welcome.  The site originally started out to be a personal check list of what I had.  As I was getting more serious with my collection I found myself buying stuff I already had.  So I made the site to track my collection so that no matter where I was I could check to see if I had a certain comic.  I spent about a year and a half on it before it got noticed by NEC.  Then it sort of morphed into what it is today.  They have been kind enough to provide some of the tidbits of information on the comics (...when they can remember them.  Seriously, I wouldn't remember much about what I did 30 years ago either)  But I am very grateful for their assistance.  They have always been very kind to me.

The TickComics.com site is now up to date (as of today).  I was missing some of the 2019 comic cons and any 2020 comics.

You sir are next level, I just keep a text note on my phone lol 

On 5/3/2021 at 6:05 AM, TheGreenGhost said:

Do you have the 2007 Comic Con exclusive? That one is a ghost... I only have it as I bought it AT SDCC '07. I haven't even seen it listed in databases, I thought I was going crazy and it was the back cover of the regular or something.

Very nice. I don't have that one - just the regular version. I'm OK with that. I'm not aiming for every variant (yet). My goal is first print/at least one variant of each unique story. To that end, I'm now down to just the 2014 exclusive (and I'm good with either the SDCC version or the NEC one, numbered or unnumbered). 

tick2014boston.jpg

tick2014sd.jpg

On 5/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, ectocooler said:

You sir are next level, I just keep a text note on my phone lol 

Well, I used to be a web programmer back when the dot com era was still growing.  The plus side: I hand code all my websites from scratch so I have total control over them.  The not-so-plus side... my sites look awesome... for the mid 1990s.  Turns out, a few other people like the Tick as much as me and appreciate it so I try to keep it up.  And NEC seem to like it :-)

Your website's proven to be a super handy and helpful guide to growing my small Tick collection; thanks bunches Brian!! I've already manage to gather (almost) all of the first edition issues of the original Edlund run.

Also it's been a while since I last posted here but I recently did my own arrangement of the theme tune from the animated series! Check it out!! :banana:

Edited by ArtbyIsaiah

Not too much Tick love nowadays, unfortunately. I had high hopes for the Tick series, especially with what they did with properties like the Boys. But this 3rd iteration of the Tick just wasn't that great. It was ok, but not as good as some other shows out there.

Anywho...I found this homemade Tick pin on eBay. I also picked up the Pirates of Dark Water pin (awesome show, BTW). The pins and packaging stunk of smoke so bad, I had to let the pins air out outside for a week.

20210506_113559.jpg

Can't believe I just discovered this thread. I have been a huge The Tick fan since the Saturday morning cartoons, and from there got I to reading and collecting the comic books.

Unfortunately times are tough for me now, so selling most of my tick stuff, I know I am horrible, even a MOAV member that has attained Mystic Agent Milkman status, there is no excuse.

I currently have Special Editions of #1 and 2 on here and ebay. Also trying to sell most of my slabbed Tick including 20th anniversary sketch cover(s), my high grade MOAV cover of #12, etc.

4 hours ago, s8zaphod said:

Can't believe I just discovered this thread. I have been a huge The Tick fan since the Saturday morning cartoons, and from there got I to reading and collecting the comic books.

Unfortunately times are tough for me now, so selling most of my tick stuff, I know I am horrible, even a MOAV member that has attained Mystic Agent Milkman status, there is no excuse.

I currently have Special Editions of #1 and 2 on here and ebay. Also trying to sell most of my slabbed Tick including 20th anniversary sketch cover(s), my high grade MOAV cover of #12, etc.

Links?

I honestly don't know how. I have a Tick Special Edition #2 CGC 9.4 on eBay now under my username s8waskel. On the boards under mixed age selling I have my #1 special edition CGC 9.6. Can't remember the other spots I have for my other Tick stuff I am selling. Sorry, barely computer literate, don't know how to do links.