• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2021 at 8:46 PM, The Meta said:

People can list their items for whatever they want to

Whether they sell or not is a different story  

Not up to anyone to tell someone how much they should sell something for, thats pretty rude

Either make an offer or move along

And no, that isn't mine up for sale at the moment, and good luck to them selling it. If it sells, I doubt I can get that much for mine, but whoever bought it, then they felt it was worth it

My apologies.  I wasn't trying to be rude.  I was just trying to point out that prices are all over the place.  It's only my opinion that the current market doesn't seem to support a $45,000 Tick comic.  I actually wrote to the seller wishing him good luck with his sale.  If he gets his asking price (or a good offer) it's good for all of us in that in means our collections are increasing in value.  Again, I'm sorry that I offended anyone.  I will try to word future posts more kindly / carefully. 

Edited by Brian Bollinger

On 12/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

My apologies.  I wasn't trying to be rude.  I was just trying to point out that prices are all over the place.  It's only my opinion that the current market doesn't seem to support a $45,000 Tick comic.  I actually wrote to the seller wishing him good luck with his sale.  If he gets his asking price (or a good offer) it's good for all of us in that in means our collections are increasing in value.  Again, I'm sorry that offending anyone.  I will try to word future posts more kindly / carefully. 

Wasn't talking about your post, more approaching sellers with the idea that they aren't realistically pricing their books. Had it happen to me once, wasn't warranted. 

Not saying it was you (thumbsu

I'm more of a completist myself and I'm sure I will be selling my doubles on ebay in the future.  Heck, I'm still trying make some semblence of order putting my collection together!  In the meantime I feel like I'm missing out one some of the really cool stuff other Tick collectors have been scoring on.  I did get this but I'm trying to figure how to display it correctly. 

20211231_084837.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, vsndesigns said:

I'm more of a completist myself and I'm sure I will be selling my doubles on ebay in the future.  Heck, I'm still trying make some semblence of order putting my collection together!  In the meantime I feel like I'm missing out one some of the really cool stuff other Tick collectors have been scoring on.  I did get this but I'm trying to figure how to display it correctly. 

20211231_084837.jpg

In about 100 days Ill see how my Tick Color comics got graded...my expectations are low since I actually read them when I was a kid.  Oh .  here's a pic of my new 4 month old salt water tank and its inhabitants!  Which one do you think is The Tick?

20211231_092503_HDR.jpg

On 1/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, vsndesigns said:

Hey I got this in the mail today!  Woohoo!

20220125_135117.jpg

Lol I thought somehow I thought somehow i threw mine away. I even I called about it, left a message lol

Never heard from anyone and low and behold they showed up the other day. I could have thought none was around o something. It was a bewilderment for sure to seem them show.

Congrats on yours  :)

It was good timing

On 1/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I thought somehow I thought somehow i threw mine away. I even I called about it, left a message lol

Never heard from anyone and low and behold they showed up the other day. I could have thought none was around o something. It was a bewilderment for sure to seem them show.

Congrats on yours  :)

It was good timing

I know!  I printed out the digital copy they sent me earlier last year, but it's not the same as getting the printed out one straight from CGC itself!  I also wish I paid that little extra to expedite my last order...74 more days and counting...geez!

On 2/11/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ozonetv said:

IMG_3441.thumb.JPG.6903738b3a715f06207a2346bdfb3ee1.JPG

Beautiful! I'd imagine getting both was fun, did you buy at the same time, same seller?

Or was it a bit of a hunt? Nice grades regardless :shy: my oh my how I missed the cartoon. lol 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:13 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Beautiful! I'd imagine getting both was fun, did you buy at the same time, same seller?

Or was it a bit of a hunt? Nice grades regardless :shy: my oh my how I missed the cartoon. lol 

Actually two different places...the black one I got first on FB marketplace as a raw...that sparked my interest and came across the second one (raw as well)  at an estate sale. That one I really lucked out on.

When submitting issues of the original Tick series to CGC, does it count as a magazine because of the larger size? Or are they close enough to fit in the comic sized slab? I finally found a copy of SE1 and hope to get it graded soon. Anyone know if Ben Edlund does con appearances anymore? Sig Series would be even better! Thanks for the help.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, fishmongr said:

When submitting issues of the original Tick series to CGC, does it count as a magazine because of the larger size? Or are they close enough to fit in the comic sized slab? I finally found a copy of SE1 and hope to get it graded soon. Anyone know if Ben Edlund does con appearances anymore? Sig Series would be even better! Thanks for the help.

Its not a magazine 

Ben Edlund still does signings here and there, check the signature forum

On 12/30/2021 at 8:46 PM, The Meta said:

People can list their items for whatever they want to

Whether they sell or not is a different story  

Not up to anyone to tell someone how much they should sell something for, thats pretty rude

Either make an offer or move along

And no, that isn't mine up for sale at the moment, and good luck to them selling it. If it sells, I doubt I can get that much for mine, but whoever bought it, then they felt it was worth it

I find it a bit annoying, personally.  Sales sites are not intended to be a showcase of your possessions.  I could go through all my stuff and list it at 3x the value on eBay or whatever so it just sits there forever, with automatic relist every 30 days.  But what's the point?  It just clogs things up and makes it harder to search for things.  And sometimes I get alerts on things only to see that it has some ridiculous BIN.  Of course I just move on, but I've never done that myself and I don't respect it.  Either do an auction starting at a dollar and let the market price it, or do a hopeful but vaguely reasonable BIN.   I find posting your Spawn #1s at $1000 "rude" as well.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:58 AM, Ozonetv said:

IMG_3441.thumb.JPG.6903738b3a715f06207a2346bdfb3ee1.JPG

I had a 9.8 White before I knew the difference.  But when I saw the black cover I had to have it.  Plus that's the one I had as a kid--I always knew something was off about the white one.  Ultimately sold the 9.8 White and got a high grade Black raw--probably in the 9.4 range.  It's a pretty tough cover.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, Poekaymon said:

I find it a bit annoying, personally.  Sales sites are not intended to be a showcase of your possessions.  I could go through all my stuff and list it at 3x the value on eBay or whatever so it just sits there forever, with automatic relist every 30 days.  But what's the point?  It just clogs things up and makes it harder to search for things.  And sometimes I get alerts on things only to see that it has some ridiculous BIN.  Of course I just move on, but I've never done that myself and I don't respect it.  Either do an auction starting at a dollar and let the market price it, or do a hopeful but vaguely reasonable BIN.   I find posting your Spawn #1s at $1000 "rude" as well.

I tried selling my Tick extras on Ebay way back in the day, I wasn't very good at it.  There are those who have commented on how little I will make for my 'investment' into The Tick.  For those of you who know me, well, The Tick just happens to be my thing and my wish is to be able to collect them all, but that may be unrealistic on my part, especially with the limited budget that I have.  I guess the fun I get is the challenge, because it makes the actual procuring so much more fulfilling. That being said, I think I might try my hand at selling a bunch of stuff on ebay, if only to be able to get back into my man-cave!  My user name there is https://www.ebay.com/usr/rocknrollartist6460.  I don't have anything up there yet, but I'll tell ya what, I'll start the bidding at 99 cents plus shipping and handling (which I really don't want to have to pay someone to take my stuff).  I have these Star Wars lightsabers, a couple that work, and one that doesn't, maybe I'll start there.  Oh, check this out...talking about stuff that I've never seen before...recently I bought these on Ebay... 

51907256927_3fc485353a_o.jpg