• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Thanks Glenn! Very cool. I'll get on it right now. I think I'll start submitting my comics from my latest to my earliest from here on. I'm shooting for a high registry record, but this is going to take some time. Just when I thought I was done with my collection...

From the New England Comics Website:

Item #NSP02830

Price Was $12 Now only $6

Fresh off his encounter with Chairface Tick is hit on the head by a strange meteor attacked by the Triggermen and meets the Man-Eating Cow! Written and drawn by creator Ben Edlund. This issue was originally produced in 2 versions: regular (with logo) and variant (no logo). While the no logo was printed in a much smaller print run than the logo we now actually have more of the NO LOGO in stock. This explains why we can offer a better deal on the variant.

http://www.necpress.com/TickSearch.aspx?q=8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-TICK-COMIC-ORIGINAL-8-1ST-PRINT-/120662759101?hash=item1c180f96bd:m:m9EuAjzaizyNm_FLyNePn7g

http://thetick.ws/tickcom8.html

I hope this helps. Still a nice piece and the collection wouldn't be complete without it.

From the New England Comics Website:

Item #NSP02830

Price Was $12 Now only $6

Fresh off his encounter with Chairface Tick is hit on the head by a strange meteor attacked by the Triggermen and meets the Man-Eating Cow! Written and drawn by creator Ben Edlund. This issue was originally produced in 2 versions: regular (with logo) and variant (no logo). While the no logo was printed in a much smaller print run than the logo we now actually have more of the NO LOGO in stock. This explains why we can offer a better deal on the variant.

http://www.necpress.com/TickSearch.aspx?q=8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-TICK-COMIC-ORIGINAL-8-1ST-PRINT-/120662759101?hash=item1c180f96bd:m:m9EuAjzaizyNm_FLyNePn7g

http://thetick.ws/tickcom8.html

I hope this helps. Still a nice piece and the collection wouldn't be complete without it.

It does, thank you!

Well, got my New England Comics Newsletter No. 14 (Graded 9.4) and my Yellow Ashcan Edition No. 2 and now I can breathe! Tada, my first CGC experience and it was awesome! It came well packaged and I already sent another one off today! The ashcan was well wrapped with a sticker on it saying "Do Not Encapsulate" with a serial number on it. In a way, I'm kinda glad that it didn't get encapsulated, especially when I show off where George Suarez originally edited it prior to Bob Polio adding his final touch!

19ld0n.jpg

Well, got my New England Comics Newsletter No. 14 (Graded 9.4) and my Yellow Ashcan Edition No. 2 and now I can breathe! Tada, my first CGC experience and it was awesome! It came well packaged and I already sent another one off today! The ashcan was well wrapped with a sticker on it saying "Do Not Encapsulate" with a serial number on it. In a way, I'm kinda glad that it didn't get encapsulated, especially when I show off where George Suarez originally edited it prior to Bob Polio adding his final touch!

19ld0n.jpg

Super Cool!!! I need to step up my Tick game!!

19ld0n.jpg

From what you have shown already you have an amazing Tick collection. Seriously impressive and one to be very proud of. Thank you for sharing what you've shown, I think it's extremely awesome!

I know they are not official Lego's but I've seen some really cool custom Tick "Lego" figures on eBay. Definitely worth checking out.

I will definitely have to check it out. Here's one I did awhile back ago...I call it,

The Tick Vs. Optimus Prime

w2g3lv.jpg

Go ahead and laugh...I had a blast making the little fellah!

Well I got a notice that my second comic book ever has been received and is getting graded. Under appreciated advise, I went ahead and fired off a note to CGC to consider it under the Green Label rules as it is the sketch variant with a drawing done by Ben Edlund while he was at the SDCC. But it was not witnessed by CGC. So in fear that it would be downgraded under the Blue Universal label, I'm hoping they will be able to process my request.

Well I got a notice that my second comic book ever has been received and is getting graded. Under appreciated advise, I went ahead and fired off a note to CGC to consider it under the Green Label rules as it is the sketch variant with a drawing done by Ben Edlund while he was at the SDCC. But it was not witnessed by CGC. So in fear that it would be downgraded under the Blue Universal label, I'm hoping they will be able to process my request.

I'm pretty stoked! CGC said they'll go ahead and process my Ben Edlund Sketch and Autographed 2015 SDCC Comic under the Green Label! Thanks to the people who participate on the forums here for that great advice!

Thought I'd remind you all I also have this beauty. :acclaim:

Surprised I haven't shown this off yet.

From the same guy I bought the #1 from.

02.jpg

:applause:

great book, such a toughie 9.8 with that die cut.

I've actually had a few boardies ask me about thia book recently. :whistle: (you know who you are) ;)

:cloud9:

Post it in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade" thread. You'll get some really good idea of what it may grade by CGC. May not get much traffic in this thread for an idea of a grade.

Thanks Guys! I found the post and put it up over there.