• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the single best comic you've ever read?

60 posts in this topic

I always liked Silver Surfer for more for the story than the cover. 893whatthe.gif I also for the most point can't stand the Silver Surfer character so the story had to be pretty good for that to always pop in my head as one of my favorite stories ever.

Hi,

Sticking to the original thread of picking the single best comic book (not series), I'd have to go with The Killing Joke. Terrific story and equally stunning art make this a self-contained novel that you can read and look at again and again. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned this one!

Best,

Killing Joke is in my top list, but personally speaking, it doesn't hit the same notes as specific issues of Watchmen (#6 is still my fave book), or some of Moore's other work.

There were also some killer issues/original segments of V for Vendetta, but I'm not gonna drag them out to pick just one. grin.gif

Read comics?....READ comics?, I just look at the pretty covers!! tongue.gif.

Seriously though, I think since I've been reading moderns from 90's and I've only in the past year or two started reading 60's, 70's and 80's stuff which I find to be much better, it's probably one of the x-men 10-20 or 100-120 or even wolverine 1-10, I can't decide, they're all good.

Although there are several issues that I think are great. If I had to pick one single issue, I suppose I might choose Uncanny X-men #141. This is the Days of Future Past storyline. I loved the image of all the headstones of all the characters, the menacing sentinals, and the ever-resistant Wolverine. Classic! cloud9.gif

Elektra Assassin

Bill Sienkiewicz is one of my favorite artists of all time and, as a general rule of thumb, Frank Miller rules.

When i was first getting into comics, around 1991 or so, i bought loads of indie books before getting into the superhero type stuff (i always thought that seemed alittle backwards) and my favorite book from that era of my life was a book called Little Mister Man put out by slave labor. It was so ridiculous that i couldn't help but love it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I love the FF issue where the Boy sets himself on fire to become like the Human Torch. Great great story. Some FF issue in the 260's

Yeah, but apparently it really gives some people the horn.

Ditto. Can't decide between either of them. I also loved 190.

daredevil 181 or 191

I think Im with you on this one. DD 181 is probably my all time favorite. No snappy spiderman banter, just do or die fight sequences. It made a big impression on me when it hit the stands.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I love the FF issue where the Boy sets himself on fire to become like the Human Torch. Great great story. Some FF issue in the 260's

Chuck sends his regards... 27_laughing.gif

30929984076.285.gif

Hard to believe this one also had a Secret Wars II crossover..