• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think?

16 posts in this topic

Picking up some overstock ASM 600 and DD 500s for 75 cents each? I hate to speculate on moderns, but these were kindah nifty issues and that's a pretty fair price. I kindah feel like these sorts of anniversary issues have some staying power long-term, though ASM 500 isn't exactly going for much and I feel less strongly about DD, though the issue had a lot going for it.

With that said, if I pick up 20 of them there are probably better comics (from a collectability perspective) to spend $15 on.

Were these vastly overordered for dealers to get the variants?

Picking up some overstock ASM 600 and DD 500s for 75 cents each? I hate to speculate on moderns, but these were kindah nifty issues and that's a pretty fair price. I kindah feel like these sorts of anniversary issues have some staying power long-term, though ASM 500 isn't exactly going for much and I feel less strongly about DD, though the issue had a lot going for it.

With that said, if I pick up 20 of them there are probably better comics (from a collectability perspective) to spend $15 on.

Were these vastly overordered for dealers to get the variants?

i wouldn't buy these. a lot of work to sell books that don't have any real importance other than the issue number. not enough value in the long run. i can't see you making more than $20-30 in profit, if you're lucky.

I think about death a lot lately, as well as if I will ever meet the "right" girl. I think about what happens to me if I never find a real job again. I think about a lot of things... what would you like to know?

:D

-slym

I think about death a lot lately, as well as if I will ever meet the "right" girl. I think about what happens to me if I never find a real job again. I think about a lot of things... what would you like to know?

-slym

-slym

You still working at the convenience store?

The best investment issues are the ones that stories don't have or can't keep. Overstock is exactly that overstock. Most every store orders a pile of these issues not to mention the pile that corner stores order (newstand issues). Most of these end up in the dollar box or in a 1/2 price sale.

I hate you.

lol

-slym

I hate you.

lol

-slym

What I do??? What I do??? (shrug)

The best investment issues are the ones that stories don't have or can't keep. Overstock is exactly that overstock. Most every store orders a pile of these issues not to mention the pile that corner stores order (newstand issues). Most of these end up in the dollar box or in a 1/2 price sale.

well, that's why i was planning to only pay 75 cents for them

I wound up buying a few more...at 65 cents each, but not 15 copies.

I'm a spidey fan, I don't mind having a few, Heck knows I have enough multiples of copies in the 100s and 200s, sometimes double digits on some issues. For whatever reason, whatever the print-run, someone out there is buying ASMs. Heck, I've sold some of those Bagleys in the 300s for $3 each (not that I think that's the going rate, I just don't price anything in my store for less)

I wasn't really thinking of these massively overordered books being $20 books any time soon, just thinking $3-$5 to flesh out my store inventory. of course, does it really need fleshing? i have about 9,000 bronze age books I should probably stick in there.

heck, [some] people pay $3 for X-Men 300 and that was a 25 cent overstock book at every show I went to in 1993/94.