• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrorist Suspect a Comic Book Fan....

83 posts in this topic

Suburban Mass. Man: Comics Fan, Math Teacher, Terror Suspect

BOSTON — Tarek Mehanna grew up in Boston's upscale suburbs, earned a doctorate in pharmacology, taught religion and math at a Muslim middle school and was considered a typical American kid by those who knew him. Yet Mehanna, who had Egyptian and U.S. citizenship, told a friend he felt out of place in America, according to documents filed in court. And prosecutors say he used his hostility toward this country in a plot to kill U.S. troops in Iraq, assassinate top politicians and shoot down shoppers in U.S. malls.

Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal, a family friend who was president of the Islamic Center of Boston in Wayland when Mehanna was a middle school student attending weekly religious education classes, remembered him because they shared an interest in Superman. He said Mehanna would bring comics to show in class.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569122,00.html?test=latestnews

BOSTON — Tarek Mehanna grew up in Boston's upscale suburbs, earned a doctorate in pharmacology, taught religion and math at a Muslim middle school and was considered a typical American kid by those who knew him. Yet Mehanna, who had Egyptian and U.S. citizenship, told a friend he felt out of place in America, according to documents filed in court. And prosecutors say he used his hostility toward this country in a plot to kill U.S. troops in Iraq, assassinate top politicians and shoot down shoppers in U.S. malls.

Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal, a family friend who was president of the Islamic Center of Boston in Wayland when Mehanna was a middle school student attending weekly religious education classes, remembered him because they shared an interest in Superman. He said Mehanna would bring comics to show in class.

What I'm happy about is that our law enforcement agencies are catching more and more of these alleged nut-jobs before they are able to do something terrible. Kudos should go out to these law enforcement officers who work so hard to keep us safe.

I wonder how he would feel to know that Superman's creators were Jewish. hm

Muslim extremism the antithesis is logical thought and common decency as well as core Islamic beliefs.

I wonder how he would feel to know that Superman's creators were Jewish. hm

Muslim extremism the antithesis is logical thought and common decency as well as core Islamic beliefs.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

eff organized religion!!! it's the root of all evil. :screwy:

I find this comment quite offenssive and narrow minded.

He might be right, doesn't the concept of "evil" originate with religion?

I think the concept of evil originated with human beings.

The idea of evil maybe, what when was it given a name?

I dont believe that evil has anything to do with religion.

I dont go around saying eff non-religion/agnostic/atheist/etc.

I will say that I disagree with organized religion in principle. To me it contradicts what it originally sets out to do.

I believe it was uttered in grunts the first time Fred walked in and caught Barney on top of Wilma.

I believe it was uttered in grunts the first time Fred walked in and caught Barney on top of Wilma.

lol now that's funny!

This conversation is even more ridiculous than the one we were having in the pressing thread.

Way to raise the bar, guys. :applause:

I find your comment quite offensive and narrow minded.

I agree with Supa wholeheartedly.