• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your other hobbies?

112 posts in this topic

Collecting every Canadian punkrock 7" single,

1977 to 1990.I have nearly 250.I took a ten year hiatus from comics to

pursue,and it was expensive at times.Seems punks didn't care for their

records.It was a LOT like comic collecting,and I still am fairly active about it,

just that most of what is left is very rare and $$$$$$$

What are your other hobbies?

hm

I'm a wine maker! :luhv:I just finished a cab. Once my GF designs a label I'll be all set to distribute to my Friends and family. :golfclap: Although they still need 6 months in a cellar before drinking... Wine making is not for people who require instant gratification :whistle:

spending time with my 15 month of son :cloud9: &

turkey hunting

fly-fishing

grouse hunting

bass fishing not with fly

collecting Spanish SxS shotguns & Sauer/J.P. Sauer Drillings

collecting every NWTF stamp (completed....just what comes out every new year)

My other hobbies......

5k races and training for them

Playing with my 3 kids

I also collect baseball cards 1909-1950's, I have really participated in this hobby way longer than comics. I can remember going to baseball card and comic book shows when I was as young as 5, so in my mind the two go hand in hand. Back then I was interested in cards and was even a dealer for a while. I guess it helped that my Dad was the show promoter 98% of the time, so being a dealer was easy. Table fees were extremely reasonable! Anyway , once I was a dealer people would trade comics for cards and cards for comics so I started picking up some here and there. I don't think this is an acceptable practice Anymore, card and comic shows together. Someone tell me if I am wrong.

Running. I have been a runner for over 30 years and almost 4 years ago, I decided to become a streak runner - which means running everyday regardless of weather, illness, injury,etc. I run at least 4 miles a day and have run with the flu, broken rib.broken toe, on the ice, and all hours of the day just to get my run in. It becomes tough with work, a kid, etc.

I'm terribly OCD and will hit my 4 year anniversary on June 2.

Keep running (thumbs u

I've jumped in and out of a few hobbies over the years but I've always stayed with comics. Other have been:

-baseball cards

-hockey cards

-collecting and playing Magic: the Gathering

-McFarlane hockey figures

-Records (I'm picky though)

-Playng street hockey (goalie usually)

-Playing music (guitar, drums, some bass)

-MST3K fan club member (MiSTies unite!)

My other hobbies are:

music: love almost all kinds of music. I'm in the process of putting all my CD's in my new Ipod.

movies: again love most all kinds of movies, but especially love horror and 1940's and 1970's movies.

fantasy baseball, football, and basketball: not very good at it, but I do enjoy it

I don't think this is an acceptable practice Anymore, card and comic shows together. Someone tell me if I am wrong.

I was pretty heavy into sports cards from about 1986 to the early to mid 90's and back then I don't recall combo comic/sports card shows. it was either one of the other.

Let's see.

Playing with my 2 1/2 year old daughter.

PC and console games (not into it heavily though)

Dungeons & Dragons (You heard me. Wanna make something of it? :sumo:;) )

Reading

Being a wiseass on the CGC boards