• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you attend comic conventions?

80 posts in this topic

I've been to Wizard World Chicago 5 times. I loved it, bought a lot of great comics every time, and even got to meet the likes of Kristen Bell and Tricia Helfer. Last year was the first one I hadn't been to in a while, I ended up going to a Stargate convention instead. I'm thinking of going to Megacon this year though.

3 a year max:

Wondercon (SF)

Super Con (SJ)

SDCC (SD)

Ditto.. I attend only the same ones... and I actually haven't bought one comic from a convention in 20 years..lol... I think I may this year though...

hope to meet you at one this year Martin (thumbs u Last summer I picked up a grail at SD--first major book purchased at a con in years for me :)

I've only attended one convention about 15 years ago in Seattle. I purchased passes for the last two SDCC's and could not make eithor of them.

The last time I went to a comic convention (regularly) was in 2005 or 2006. I used to attend SDCC, but once the movie crowds blew up and it became a hassle going around the convention floor I gave up attending.

I went to Anime Expo for a few years around the same time, but stopped going when they kept moving the location further (Anaheim, Long Beach, now L.A.), plus I kept getting older and not knowing the shows anymore.

I try and pop up at Frank & Sons collectible show in City of Industry once or twice a year just to check up and grab a few cheap reads and finish up my Spectre run.

I've been to Chicago ComicCon/Wizard World Chicago every year except one since 1994 and went to San Diego in '02. Going to C2E2 this month and lookin' to go to one of the following in the future if time and money allows:

-NYCC

-MotorCity

-WonderCon

-MegaCon

-Emerald City ComicCon