• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you attend comic conventions?

80 posts in this topic

I get to a small local con here a couple times a year. I'd like to get to a bigger one, but haven't made one yet. As an aside, I was fortunate enough to meet Jerome Welker, AKA Jerome34 at this same local con, and what a pleasure it was to visit with him! It's so interesting to talk to someone who actually bought golden age comics brand new off the stands and the gentleman is an asset to our hobby. If you ever get the chance to visit with him in person, don't pass it up!

I still attend LBCC and Wondercon. Haven't been able to get tickets for SDCC in 3 years

It's too expensive to go to SDCC these days, although I'm still tempted. Basically you're spending $2.5 - 3K before you've even got on the floor, and you'd need an exhibitor badge (another $200) to make it worth your while.

Less than a decade ago, expenses were about half that....

The Javitts show in NYC has become more favorable for Brits as it has almost as many vintage book dealers as SD and is less pricey to go to, although it's by no means cheap.