• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW 20% OFF LISTED PRICES: A Mixed Group of Mostly Sharp DC, Marvel, War, Horror

11 posts in this topic

20% off whatever prices I have listed and then it goes up on ebay tomorow and I'll try again here with some different stuff:

OK. Big trip to Brazil for a pal's wedding coming up at the end of November. Need to pay for it somehow (well, most of it has been paid for...but I need tha money to pay my bills!). Here is a random selection of some mostly nice books. Shipping is a flat $3 for media or $5 for priority. Shipping is free over $50. Different numbers apply to Canada, etc., but as you can see, I'm just charging cost (or less). Paypal, gold bullion, money order, cash ... whatever works for you.

First off...

Detective Comis 420. Nice Neal Adams cover. From the front it looks like a solid VF+ or a VF/NM if you don't count spine corner bindery tears against a book much. But there's a tiny corner triangle out of the back cover, left corner. Fine it is. OPG has it at $12 in Fine. I'm bummed because the book looks sooo nice from the front. I would like $7 for it please:

detective420.jpg

Daredevil 171. Frank Miller. Tough black cover with a few faint spine ticks. I had a CGC 9.4 ASM 300 that looked no better than this with faint spine ticks, but I won't play that game. I have it as a VF+. OPG VF+ is $16.50. I would like $8.00 for it please:

daredevil177.jpg

Unexpected 158. 100 pages of DC Bronze Age horror goodness! This copy is pretty darn sweet execpt it has a little bit of that "denting" on the side of the spine on the bottom half that afflicts many of these square bounds. Honestly, I have no idea how that impacts the grade, but the guy I bought it from was insiting this is a production issue and the book is a NM- or VF/NM. I don't buy that and I give it a VF. OPG for VF is $26. Given my inability to comfortably grade this book (and square bounds and giant sizes in general) I would like $16 for it please:

unexpected158.jpg

Johnny Thunder 2. This one might be slab worthy. My only hesitation is claiming outright it's a 9.4 or higher is that the white around the 20 cent price is not bone white. Slight bindery tear on top right corner of spine. Let's call it a VF/NM 9.0, but I still think it's probably higher than that. This is a pretty book and honestly I don't have many DCs from this era in this kind of shape. OPG has it at $10, I would like $8 for it please:

thunder2.jpg

G.I. Combat 148. Giant sized issue! These old giant sizes are tough! A bit of ticking around the top staple and the spine isn't bone white. I've owned slabbed DC giant sizes like this and CGC has typically given them VF to VF+ type grades, so I feel good with VF on this one. OPG is $24 in VF, I would like $16 please:

gicombat148.jpg

Aquaman 37. Classic cardy cover, very dramatic. Looks like a 5.0 or so from the front, but there's a decent size triangle out of the back corner, lower left corner. OPG has this at $9 in G/VG, $7.50 in G+. As I am not sure how to grade it, I would like $3 please:

aquaman37.jpg

Thor 204. Sweet picture frame! A couple of minor spine ticks. OPG VF is $9. I would like $5 please:

thor204.jpg

Supergirl 2. Also a couple of spine ticks. I'm thinking VF-, maybe F/VF, but a lot of folks would call it a VF, I think the scan is pretty accurate. I dunno...OPG is $17 in F/VF. I would like $9 please:

supergirl2.jpg

Marvel Team-Up 9 featuring Spidey and Iron Man. Pretty sweet cover, except a tny corner crease on the bottom. Oh well. OPG VF is $19. I would like $11 please:

teamup9.jpg

Solar Man of the Atom #2. NM- I suppose. OPG is dopey on this one and I would like $6 please:

solar2.jpg

Thor Annual 7. Early Simonson work on the title (pre-337). Gorgeous except the spine on the bottom left of this square bound has a little issue and I don't really know how to grade it. I would like $3 for this gem:

thor7.jpg

Dr. Strange 181. Tough black cover with some wear, faint crease in back cover (more like a "dent"...easily pressed out!). OPG has this at $18 in F/VF and I would like $9:

strange181.jpg

World's FInist 203. Freat glossy yellow cover. Tiny hole on Aquaman's left leg (didn't notice that when I bought it) Really sharp, a little bit of weat bottom left. OPG is $12.50 in F/VF. I would like $6 for it as I don't know how to gauge what that little hole is "worth" as a grade decuction:

worlds203.jpg

MANY MORE TO COME...I just need to do some laundry now!

Hmmm, I hope you forumites don't have something else to do than hang out here on this lovely evening...

Anyway, here's some more, with more to come.

Hawkman 26. Another tough black cover. Looks like a VF from the front. But on the interior side of the back cover there's a little bit of writing in pen on the bottom .... about someone's comic collection circa 1968! I think it mentions 250 "zines" or something like that. Perhaps the earliest written reference ON a comic concerning comic collecting? This could be historic! There's also a tiny triangle out of the lower corner of said back cover. I dunno, VG/Fine, Fine? VG/Fine is $12.50 and I would like $6 for this historic issue please:

hawkman26.jpg

The Heap #1 from Skywald! The inspiration for both Swamp and Man Thing? Nice copy, you can see a bump coming through on top where the top staple is pressing against the back of the front cover...very common on these books, OPG is $20 in VF. I would like $12 please:

heap1.jpg

Aquaman 49. Another sweet Cardy cover, Aparo insides I believe. A few light spine ticks...Fine + or so...OPG has this at $19 in Fine+. I would like $9 please:

aquaman49.jpg

Detective 425. Sweet Wrightson cover. A few spine ticks, Fine -, VG/Fine, something like that. I would like $4 please:

detective425.jpg

[son of] Tomahawk 137. Double size, Kubert cover. Nice tight, slight dingage on spine toward bottom, very minor, not bone white on spine down there either. OPG has this at $18 in VF and I would like $9 for this one please:

tomahawk137.jpg

Johnny Thunder 3. Another gorgeous copy and I feel good calling this one a 9.4 with a shot at better. No I won't refund your grading fees if it comes back a 9.2, but this is a nice book however you slice it. I would like $12 for this one.

thunder3.jpg

More to come. Need to make dinner and do more laundry.

I thought I might try a different approach. Kill 'em with politeness. As a native New Yorker (though nobody who lives here believes that I am), it is, of course, second nature to me. :-)

p.s. Your sig line is disturbing.

I thought I might try a different approach. Kill 'em with politeness. As a native New Yorker (though nobody who lives here believes that I am), it is, of course, second nature to me. :-)

You'll take what we give you & like it. :sumo:

:baiting:

Alrighty, these might be it for tonight, the Mrs. wants us to sit down and watch some TV after eating dinner at 11 p.m.

Brave and Bold 191. Joker, Nemesis. Aparo. NM-. OPG is $14, I would like $7 please:

brave191.jpg

Brave and Bold 127. Aparo. A VF/NM to NM-. OPG is $10 for VF/NM. I would like $4 please:

brave127.jpg

Aquaman 45. Aparo goodness. These Aquamans from this era had great covers! There is a crease on the back cover though and a tiny rip on the sie of the spine. Fine in OPG is $15. I would like $7 for this:

aquaman45.jpg

Atom and Hawkman 42. VG/Fine is $15 in OPG. Some wear on this comic, but very good eye appeal. I would like $7 for this:

atom42.jpg

Giant Size Dracula 2. Fine+ to Fine/VF. $14 in OPG in F/VF, I would like $6 please:

dracula2.jpg

Avengers 121. Looks like a $15 book from the front, but has some stains on the back. Your's for $2!:

avengers121-1.jpg

All American Men of War 111. VG/Fine. $12.50 in OPG. Awesome cover! Russ Heath art! I would like $7 please:

menofwar111.jpg

Well, I think the mistake in this thread was not picking a single theme/genre. Here's what's left with me knocking a little bit more off the 20% I already took off the initial prices,

Daredevil 171. Frank Miller. Tough black cover with a few faint spine ticks. I had a CGC 9.4 ASM 300 that looked no better than this with faint spine ticks, but I won't play that game. OPG VF+ is $16.50. Originally $8.00. Discounted to $6.40. NOW: $5.00.

Johnny Thunder 2. Let's call it a VF/NM 9.0, OPG has it at $10. Originally $8. Discounted to $6.40. NOW: $6 (yeah, I know, not much off, but honestly, I think it's more like a NM-, but I was torn on it).

Supergirl 2. OPG is $17 in F/VF. Originally $9. Discounted to $7.20. NOW: $6.

Marvel Team-Up 9 featuring Spidey and Iron Man. OPG VF is $19. Originally $11. Discounted to $8.80. NOW $7.

Solar Man of the Atom #2. NM-. Originally $6. Discounted to $4.80. NOW $4.

Dr. Strange 181. OPG has this at $18 in F/VF. Originally $9. Discounted to $7.20. NOW: $6.

World's Finist 203. OPG is $12.50 in F/VF. Originally $6. Discounted to $4.80. NOW $4.

Brave and Bold 191. Joker, Nemesis. Aparo. NM-. OPG is $14. Originally $7. Discounted to $5.60. NOW $4.50.

Atom and Hawkman 42. VG/Fine is $15 in OPG. Originally $7. Discounted to $5.60. Now $4.50.

Giant Size Dracula 2. Fine+ to Fine/VF. $14 in OPG in F/VF. Was $6. Discounted to $4.80. NOW $4.

All American Men of War 111. VG/Fine. $12.50 in OPG. Awesome cover! Russ Heath art! Was $7. Discounted to $5.60. NOW $4.

I won't try to offer a bulk # because I figure this is probably just too many genres for one buyer, but if you want them all, add them up, take another 10% off and shipping is part of the price.

That's it on this thread, thanks folks.