• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wonder really where this book came from?

11 posts in this topic

Yep. You got that right.

Considering that Chuck has the 9.4 "Dallas Stevens" on his site for $2750, and the scan of it shows a distinctive "white spine", I'd say this seller is trying to pull a fast one.

Chris

Just sent seller an email:

What kind of half-[!@#%^&^] scam are you trying to pull? Funny, that you just recently won a restored 9.4, and now you sell a "broken-holder" 9.4 for double!

Then, you try to pass it off as a book you bought from Mile High? The Dallas Steven's Hulk #181 9.4 has a distinctive white spine (check the scan on Chuckie's site).

I'll give you until I check this auction tomoroow to pull it, or else I'm reporting you to eBay.

Chris

Just sent seller an email:

What kind of half-[!@#%^&^] scam are you trying to pull? Funny, that you just recently won a restored 9.4, and now you sell a "broken-holder" 9.4 for double!

Then, you try to pass it off as a book you bought from Mile High? The Dallas Steven's Hulk #181 9.4 has a distinctive white spine (check the scan on Chuckie's site).

I'll give you until I check this auction tomoroow to pull it, or else I'm reporting you to eBay.

Chris

I just got done giving the books a real close comparison of each other and am 100 percent sure now!

Thanks Chris this is so uncalled for! Ill do the same!!!I

Davidking623

The cut on the books look strikingly similar. I of course looked it over pretty quickly, but it does seem fishy All of a sudden the "pedigree" certificate and CGC label are missing? His dog must have ate it! smirk.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

It will be back when the auction he won for $750 expires and can't be viewed anymore. Mark my words....

And he probably wont be so stupid as to say he bought it from mile high.

How does someone who would try to pull this kinda thing have such high feedback? Ebay feedback can be worthless, that's how. And the auctions disappearing after 90 days is worse. 893censored-thumb.gif

Well....that was pretty fast. Seller pulled the auction. Nice catch David! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Thanks Chris, Ill be watching this seller on my favorite list,I mean WTF list, you know what I mean.He'll have a hard time getting it by me.I went to bed after emailing him and was glad when I got back from work he had pulled it! The nerve of some people!

Davidking623

It will be back when the auction he won for $750 expires and can't be viewed anymore. Mark my words....

And he probably wont be so stupid as to say he bought it from mile high.

How does someone who would try to pull this kinda thing have such high feedback? Ebay feedback can be worthless, that's how. And the auctions disappearing after 90 days is worse. 893censored-thumb.gif

Ill be watching his Hulk 181 auctions like a hawk Its no big deal I constantly go in to that search anyway!

Davidking623