• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Energizer...

195 posts in this topic

What if the book in question was not trimmed? What if the book was returned for that reason but was in fact not trimmed. It was the buyers opinion and was not the same view shared by the seller? Why does Bill Hughes need to disclose anything about the book?

I sold some books to a board member a while back. CGC called them restored. I bought them back. I resubmitted one of the books and it came back OK with a blue label? I knew the book was not worked on but I offered the buyer a refund just the same. Did CGC make an error? Maybe, but on a resubmission it came back fine. Should I disclose that CGC thought it was restored but on a second look changed their opinion?

Maybe the book in question is not trimmed and just appears to be the lone opinion of the buyer? Should Bill Hughes call it trimmed if he thinks it's not? As for the phone call????

Food for thought.....

Nochips,

Concerning the book I originally bought from him, it was pretty obvious it was trimmed. Just to get a few opinions I put it up here on the boards in the resto thread and the consensus was it was trimmed. This wasn't a case of, well, it's hard to tell, maybe....it was trimmed and a poorly done job too. I never said that the seller did the trimming. Dr.Frankenstein who I guess is a friend of his said that after he got it back, he admitted it looked trimmed.

What if the book in question was not trimmed? What if the book was returned for that reason but was in fact not trimmed. It was the buyers opinion and was not the same view shared by the seller? Why does Bill Hughes need to disclose anything about the book?

I sold some books to a board member a while back. CGC called them restored. I bought them back. I resubmitted one of the books and it came back OK with a blue label? I knew the book was not worked on but I offered the buyer a refund just the same. Did CGC make an error? Maybe, but on a resubmission it came back fine. Should I disclose that CGC thought it was restored but on a second look changed their opinion?

Maybe the book in question is not trimmed and just appears to be the lone opinion of the buyer? Should Bill Hughes call it trimmed if he thinks it's not? As for the phone call????

Food for thought.....

Nochips,

Concerning the book I originally bought from him, it was pretty obvious it was trimmed. Just to get a few opinions I put it up here on the boards in the resto thread and the consensus was it was trimmed. This wasn't a case of, well, it's hard to tell, maybe....it was trimmed and a poorly done job too. I never said that the seller did the trimming. Dr.Frankenstein who I guess is a friend of his said that after he got it back, he admitted it looked trimmed.

I notice you still haven't answered my question, so I'll ask it again:

Did you have a professional restorer look at the book in hand?

It's one thing to "be sure" something is trimmed on your own....or even for others with some pictures.

It's quite another to say it was trimmed "for a fact."

People on these boards have submitted books from the same era that they bought off the newsstand...that came back "trimmed" from CGC...when they were the original owner, in 1973, and wouldn't know trimming from brazilian waxes.

And that book resided in a Universal slab before, too....

Food for thought.....

Nochips,

It's one thing to "be sure" something is trimmed on your own....or even for others with some pictures.

People on these boards have submitted books from the same era that they bought off the newsstand...that came back "trimmed" from CGC...when they were the original owner, in 1973, and wouldn't know trimming from brazilian waxes.

All I can say to you is that njpower2000 admitted it looked trimmed after getting it back. It wasn't a questionable trim. I don't have to be a bodyman to know if there's bondo popping off a car. I can see it as obvious in some cases. Same with this case. To answer your question then because you seem to be chomping at the bit, no, a "professional restorer" has not looked at it. The owner admitted it. Enough said, although I'm sure you've got a reply all prepared and ready to go...

Food for thought.....

Nochips,

All I can say to you is that njpower2000 admitted it looked trimmed after getting it back. It wasn't a questionable trim. I don't have to be a bodyman to know if there's bondo popping off a car. I can see it as obvious in some cases. Same with this case. To answer your question then because you seem to be chomping at the bit, no, a "professional restorer" has not looked at it. The owner admitted it. Enough said, although I'm sure you've got a reply all prepared and ready to go...

Oh, no, I tailor my replies to the responses I get, like most normal people. (thumbs u

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that you were looking at the wrong book when you made your accusation....

Food for thought.....

Nochips,

Oh, no, I tailor my replies to the responses I get, like most normal people. (thumbs u

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that you were looking at the wrong book when you made your accusation....

It sure didn't stop you from ripping into the first thread full speed!

First of all, my "accusation" was me asking him if it was the same book, and if not, let me know because I would be interested in buying it. It's people like you that jumped the gun and got things riled up, and now here you are picking points with me. Seems like you just need to be where the action is, even if you have to create it.

Considering he sold me a trimmed book and it looks like he's had some issues in the past with other books (deslabbing and not disclosing cleaned staples), it's not a bad idea to be wary. But then again, I guess you trust everyone you come across. I wish I could live my life like that.

RMA..Play nice..or it's time out for you!! lol and be nice to Returner

1. Returner is one of the good guys.

2. I like him and YOU know I have the most excellent taste in pals.

3. Save all your really good ammo for the next BucOne or Comic Supply related thread where they are really needed.

4. blahblahblabbility blah..if you don't get it by now it won't sink in anyway, not like I expected it to but at least I tried..

Returner, yeah RMA is not really a bad guy but once he gets going "he's got wheels but no f'n brakes".(it's a quote..anyone know from where?)

I don't know was I the only person who understood the original posting? Seriously?

Returner=forces of good

Seller who called=idot with no good sense.

Seriously why would you call someone and start ranting at them?For all you know they are with the FBI and could accidentally add your name to the terrorist watch list..

Or be HUGE buff guys who live close enough to come kick your butt..

Sure I call peeps and rage at them all the time but I first hide my number on the caller ID or route them through a spoof caller ID system and make sure they can never find me..plus they really deserve my wrath to begin with..I save up for special occasions you know I don't just waste perfectly good ranting on everyday joes.

lol I have known RMA for OMG it's been awhile 10 yrs or so? I can give him carp every now and then. He knows I mean it nicely because he is really a sweetheart..

He tries to hide it but he knows he can't fool me! Plus he lives in fear of my one super power...

I don't know you very well either but you seem like a stand up guy. I know that whatever happened with the crazazy caller wasn't anything you tried to instigate out of malice or being a not so nice person. The guy went off half *spooned*. You were trying to be polite about it by directing him here.

I try my best to be nice to everyone..although it doesn't always work..I am usually misunderstood a lot.

RMA knows..well I ain't no angel fer sure lol (look RMA two hickified redneck spelled words egads Kansas is effecting my brain!) But I have not had as many disagreements here as I have had on other boards in the past..I censor myself..a LOT.

I try to be good and not get bant

"he's got wheels but no f'n brakes" (it's a quote..anyone know from where?

Ghandi? (shrug)

Naah maybe RMA will get it..it's a movie quote and it will probably make him angry..Oh well..I'd say more but I keep thinking OH man it's going to end up on the out of context memeber quotes thread..so I censor myself some more..

It sure didn't stop you from ripping into the first thread full speed!

lol Someone's reading cue cards, I see.

This ain't about me, buddyboy, and you're wrong either way. If you think otherwise, you need a couple courses in reading comprehension...much like many others around here.

(thumbs u

First of all, my "accusation" was me asking him if it was the same book, and if not, let me know because I would be interested in buying it. It's people like you that jumped the gun and got things riled up,

lol lol lol

What, you think you can delete your posts, and no one will remember what you wrote?

Allow me to refresh your memory:

I purchased a Conan #23 in VF condition from them about a month ago, only to find it had been trimmed on the bottom edge. (very obvious). I wrote back to them and they went out of their way to accomodate me, took the return and sent me a full refund including my shipping. I was bascially just out the cost of my return shipping. They even offered me free shipping on my next purchase and said they would check the books more carefully from now on.

Well, today I happened upon the same book listed in a current auction from them; no trimming disclosed.

Please note the accusation you made, in bold.

YOU jumped the gun and YOU were "riled up." Don't try to pass blame onto anyone else for your comments. There was no "gun jumping" by ANYONE but YOU. What a ridiculous statement.

:insane:

and now here you are picking points with me. Seems like you just need to be where the action is, even if you have to create it.

:roflmao:

Man, are you REALLY gonna try and deflect any of this onto someone else...? REALLY?

"Deflection Shields up, FULL POWER!!"

"Pew Pew Pew! You can't get ME with your facts and logic! PEW PEW!!!"

Considering he sold me a trimmed book and it looks like he's had some issues in the past with other books (deslabbing and not disclosing cleaned staples), it's not a bad idea to be wary. But then again, I guess you trust everyone you come across. I wish I could live my life like that.

You spoke before having all the facts, and when you were called on it, you couldn't just man up and say "oops"....you had to go and further smear somebody by creating a thread titled "NJPOWER2000 is a NUTJOB" just because someone called you, which they have the right to do as a member of eBay involved in a transaction with you.

REAL smart. :screwy:

You made yourself look like a jackarse, and no amount of deflection onto anyone else is gonna change that.

Word of advice, chum: learn to think for yourself. Don't take your cues from others, especially those with an axe to grind.

(thumbs u

3. Save all your really good ammo for the next BucOne or Comic Supply related thread where they are really needed.

4. blahblahblabbility blah..if you don't get it by now it won't sink in anyway, not like I expected it to but at least I tried..

Returner, yeah RMA is not really a bad guy but once he gets going "he's got wheels but no f'n brakes".(it's a quote..anyone know from where?)

I don't know was I the only person who understood the original posting? Seriously?

Returner=forces of good

Seriously why would you call someone and start ranting at them?For all you know they are with the FBI and could accidentally add your name to the terrorist watch list..

Sure I call peeps and rage at them all the time but I first hide my number on the caller ID or route them through a spoof caller ID system and make sure they can never find me..plus they really deserve my wrath to begin with..I save up for special occasions you know I don't just waste perfectly good ranting on everyday joes.

You and I'll have to agree to disagree (God, that's such a copout. ;) ) on this one.

You crack me up, princess...you really do.

Don't ever change!

"he's got wheels but no f'n brakes" (it's a quote..anyone know from where?

Ghandi? (shrug)

Naah maybe RMA will get it..it's a movie quote and it will probably make him angry..Oh well..I'd say more but I keep thinking OH man it's going to end up on the out of context memeber quotes thread..so I censor myself some more..

lol

Nothing you could ever say would make me angry, sweetie pie. ;)

RMA,

I'm not your "buddyboy" so learn to chill. I guess anyone can be a keyboard toughguy. In person, you would be calling me sir and looking at your feet a lot.

As for an "error", get this straight and see if you can comprehend it; he sold me a trimmed book. End of story. I don't know for a fact the one on his auction now isn't the same; I said that to be fair and to try to put this to rest. It's A**holes like you that keep it going and going and going....

FYI...I deleted all my posts in the hopes that there would be no fuel left to keep this thread going. I forgot about losers like you with no life and endless time on their hands. I mean, c'mon...a post at 3:50am? Go do something! Find a woman (if that's your preference), get a life!

Now, since you are so fond of taking member quotes out of context, I'm going to break it down for you and all the other special needs kids out there;

I was sold a trimmed Conan #23. I returned it. I then see a new auction from the same seller with a Conan #23. I have my suspicions it might be the same book so I ask the seller if it is. I tell the seller if it is not the same book I am interested in buying it. If it is, why hasn't he disclosed the trimming. He never gets back to me.

Was that simple enough for you to understand? Probably. Will you keep it going in the interest of fighting and because youre bored? Most likely.

Oh, and if you think it is acceptable to call someone at home and yell and swear at them, you're mistaken. It may be within his rights, but it's also my right to call the police for phone harrassment.

Returner=forces of good

You and I'll have to agree to disagree (God, that's such a copout. ;) ) on this one.

You crack me up, princess...you really do.

Don't ever change!

Oh you know I hope you didn't interpet that post wrong :( I forgot I am so used to calling you Tim in my mind haha you were not the everyday person I was speaking of. I think we have agreed to disagree on several things, still doesn't stop me from messing with you. *smooch* glad you don't take it all personal. You know too many of my secrets!! And most likely know where all my embarassing pictures are on the net. So thanks for being cool.