• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many double cover comics do you own?

How many double cover issues do you own?  

306 members have voted

1. 1. How many double cover issues do you own?

55 posts in this topic

Double cover issues are supposed to be pretty rare but I see more and more of them displayed or for sale each week. So how many double cover issues do you actually have in your possession (those that you're aware of anyway)? Even if you have multiple copies of a particular issue count those too. Count triple or even quadruple covers also. Count both raw and CGC graded double covers.

I have at least 18 - 5 have been CGC graded and still have 13 raw, some of which will eventually be CGC graded.

Unless my one remaining slab got missed, then I own not a one, and have never seen one personally.

And I've been collecting comics for 27 years, worked in comic shops multiple times. These things must be rarer than hen's teeth...

-slym (would love to own one)

Just 3, a Superman #12, which had a double cover, one got detached, a Thrilling #47, GA are scarcer than Hen's teeth...and a Flintstones I picked up on Ebay a few years ago.

I used to have a triple cover Four Color, but I did sell it...I think I miss it;)

I used to have a lot of them, over 50. Golden Age through to Moderns. 4 were triple covers & 1 was a quadrouple cover. Some of the Golden Age Double covers I had include:

Action Comics #84 ~Triple cover~

Adventure Comics #92 Mile High Copy

Captain Easy #15 Mile High Copy

More Fun Comics #46

Star Spangled Comics #17 Mile High Copy

Had more...just can not remember off hand right now.

West