• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slabbing a coverless copy

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Does CGC grade/slab coverless copies of books ? I actually have a book which i would like to grade but its coverless. I have a color-xeroxed copy of the cover (both interior and exterior). Would it be better to include that in with the coverless copy for a better grade perhaps ? thanks

steven

• Administrator

CGC does grade coverless copies of books, but they will receive the NG (no-grade) designation. If you are to include the color copy of the cover the book may receive a .5 grade, but it would not be any higher than that.

Is this policy still current? A coverless copy of a comic can be submitted with a reproduced cover and be graded with a maximum grade of 0.5?

If so, does the reproduction cover need to be attached to the comic, or can it simply be wrapped around the comic?

If the reproduced cover were professionally attached, would it be possible to achieve a higher (possibly qualified) grade, or would the maximum grade of 0.5 still apply?

If the submission were graded like this, and there was no restoration done to the comic itself, would it receive a blue or purple label? What comments would appear on the label, if any?

Thanks.