• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San diego comic con questions

36 posts in this topic

Thursday was my favorite. Everyone seems more energetic and hopeful and a lot more fun talk about the days ahead. (Preview night was very cool but just too many people and not enough time.)

Thursday will also likely offer the best selection (and possibly the worst prices - but also if there are some bargains, you will be among the first to see them).

The convention food is there, but that's the most positive thing you can say about it. There are a bunch of nice restaurants nearby, but they can book up. We ended up at Fuddruckers pretty much every night. It was a block from our hotel (about five blocks from the convention) and not crowded. Food was made to order and cheap for a sit-down restaurant.

thanx for info

more opinions welcome!

There's a Ralph's with a hot and cold deli about three blocks away. An easy walk there and back. The convention center also has a Starbuck's in it, a Subway, and there was also a decent pizza/pasta place in it.

A lot of very nice restaurants in the area as well. Paul (silverandbronze) was kind enough to buy me dinner at Morton's (thumbs u

thanx for info

more opinions welcome!

There's a Ralph's with a hot and cold deli about three blocks away. An easy walk there and back. The convention center also has a Starbuck's in it, a Subway, and there was also a decent pizza/pasta place in it.

A lot fo very nice restaurants in the area as well. Paul (silverandbronze) was kind enough to buy me dinner at Morton's (thumbs u

You were there?

We ended up at Fuddruckers pretty much every night. It was a block from our hotel (about five blocks from the convention) and not crowded. Food was made to order and cheap for a sit-down restaurant.

Believe it or not, that Fuddrucker's has shut its doors. It only opened about 18 months ago, but it died a quick death.

will there be a board members get together 2010?

I'm sure there will be, but you'll meet lots of board members on the convention floor, as well. Hang around Bedrock's booth, or Detective27kid's, or Dale's, and your bound to meet many board members.

also, are there food and beverages available @ the Con?

There are great restaurants within walking distance from the convention center. Your hotel is just south of an area called Little Italy, which also has great restaurants. There's a nice outdoor mall about halfway between your hotel and the convention center called Horton Plaza. Lots of fast food, and a movie theater if you need a break from the crowds at the con.

thanx for info

more opinions welcome!

A lot fo very nice restaurants in the area as well. Paul (silverandbronze) was kind enough to buy me dinner at Morton's (thumbs u

You were there?

Yes. Where were you?