• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my g.a. pedigree run
2 2

762 posts in this topic

I'd have thought the Allentown would have been the hardest to get due to the low number of books and their prize status.
they are certainly among the priciest (thumbs u

Denvers are tough too, given that there is generally only "one" (number 1, that is) of each title

Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment :applause: Was there a determining factor other than price that made one pedigree, or pedigrees, more difficult to acquire than another?

rarity more so than price. a good way to figure the availability is to run the heritage archives for the ped name. kansas city is the toughest. only 9 books pop up for all the years of h'tage auctions [some multiple times]. my marvel 1 doesn't come up, cuz it didn't sell when it was up for auction, and it makes 10. if you run other small hoards like denver or allentown, you get alot more books.

I'd have thought the Allentown would have been the hardest to get due to the low number of books and their prize status.

Denvers are tough too, given that there is generally only "one" (number 1, that is) of each title

a 9.2 allentown fight comics sold at the last c'link auction for way less than a grand--if my mystery men 11 didn't fit a run i'm on, i woulda bought the fight and flipped the mm for a nice little profit. allentown is harder by rarity than by price, by a longshot.

a 9.2 allentown fight comics sold at the last c'link auction for way less than a grand--if my mystery men 11 didn't fit a run i'm on, i woulda bought the fight and flipped the mm for a nice little profit. allentown is harder by rarity than by price, by a longshot.

I know I have seen more allentown ped issues available for sale/auction, than denvers... but there are far more denver's available , I believe... but, price wise, allentowns generally command a pretty penny (thumbs u

I know I have seen more allentown ped issues available for sale/auction, than denvers... but there are far more denver's available , I believe... but, price wise, allentowns generally command a pretty penny (thumbs u

denver is a VERY tough one; see my hello pal 1 for confirmation of that fact.

denver is a VERY tough one; see my hello pal 1 for confirmation of that fact.

:roflmao:

I understand a bit better now why you jumped on that Marvel 1 when it was for sale on the boards.

I didn't know you were putting together a Pedigree Type Set.

I didn't know the KC pedigree was so rarely offered for sale.

Are you sure that's an almost complete list of the GA peds ?

What about the ALVIN pedigree

Great accomplishment on putting that together.

Must have taken a long time.

I understand a bit better now why you jumped on that Marvel 1 when it was for sale on the boards.

I didn't know you were putting together a Pedigree Type Set.

I didn't know the KC pedigree was so rarely offered for sale.

Are you sure that's an almost complete list of the GA peds ?

What about the ALVIN pedigree

Great accomplishment on putting that together.

Must have taken a long time.

it wasn't the ped designation that pushed that button; badly needed to upgrade my mc1, as it is my #1 grail, and the seller made the payment schedule fit my budget. that's what friends are for. but the ped was nice, as well.

incredible grouping of ped's. Thanks for sharing.

you are welcome; i had great fun posting them, as many weren't scanned and it gave me a chance to handle them/photo them. realized i didn't have my timely larson scanned, and forgot about my recent lamont addition. here is an addendum.

100_1043.jpg

funnies55.jpg

100_1043.jpg

:o

Dang Billy. Can I have that book when you decide you're turning to collecting Gator paraphernalia instead of comics?

:wishluck:

Seriously.

Wow,seems like only yesterday when you decided to chase the pedigrees.I know you had the Caps and the MM 12 for a long time,but which book was your 1st new pedigree specifically purchased for the set?

It's just wonderful to see them all on one thread Billy,you must be very proud.