• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the first comic you acquired in 2010?

91 posts in this topic

My first purchase of the new year. Only 5 more to go in my Avengers 1-100 set.

Aven_37_94.jpg

Great copy, Andrew! Which five are you still looking for?

I guess this is my first. Fresh from Foolkiller's sales thread.

planet58.jpg

In the first 23 hours of the new year I haven't bought anything. It's a record for me.
I have and I was supposed to be trying to cut back :grin:

Three copies of RBCC from another board member. Now the race is on for what arrives first :applause:

Great copy, Andrew! Which five are you still looking for?

I guess this is my first. Fresh from Foolkiller's sales thread.

planet58.jpg

:golfclap::hi:

Nice pick ups, Jeff. That Planet is gorgeous. Are Planet and Jungle going to be your 2010 obsessions? lol

My 5 missing issues are #9, 13, 21, 56 and 82. (I also need to upgrade my #2, #7, #10 and #16.)

#9 is going to be a tough one. I REALLY want to get a 9.0, but prices on that issue have gotten silly. I may have to settle for an 8.5... or wait til the movie comes out in 2011 and Avengers prices drop back down.

#56 might take awhile, too. It seems like 9.4 copies of #56 rarely show up.

The #37 is nice. Wish it was OW/W or W, but overall it's a solid copy. Got it from Stephen Ritter. I think it had been on his site for awhile, so he was willing to negotiate a better price than what he'd listed it for - although his site shows it being sold at the full list price.

Nice pick ups, Jeff. That Planet is gorgeous. Are Planet and Jungle going to be your 2010 obsessions? lol

My 5 missing issues are #9, 13, 21, 56 and 82. (I also need to upgrade my #2, #7, #10 and #16.)

#9 is going to be a tough one. I REALLY want to get a 9.0, but prices on that issue have gotten silly. I may have to settle for an 8.5... or wait til the movie comes out in 2011 and Avengers prices drop back down.

#56 might take awhile, too. It seems like 9.4 copies of #56 rarely show up.

The #37 is nice. Wish it was OW/W or W, but overall it's a solid copy. Got it from Stephen Ritter. I think it had been on his site for awhile, so he was willing to negotiate a better price than what he'd listed it for - although his site shows it being sold at the full list price.

I started on Jumbo and Jungle last year. Planet is supposed to be 2011 but,,, :cloud9: it is a pretty looking book.

Not an easy list to finish on the Avengers. Kind of a "who's who" of tough issues. You'll get them, though.