• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 180 Is Wolverine's 1st Appearance According To Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

68 posts in this topic

The answers to the trivia questions for Act II of the game:

Act 2 200 XP per answer

What is Luke Cage's old superhero name? Power Man

In which comic did Wolverine first appear? 'The Incredible Hulk' 180

What was Ms. Marvel's name in the House of M? Captain Marvel

Who shot and killed Steve Rogers? Sharon Carter

Who has not been one of Daredevil's love interests? Betty Brant

What was the name of Marvel Comics before it was Marvel Comics? Timely Comics

Peter Parker's Uncle Ben was... Shot

Complete this sentence: With great power there must also come great...? Responsibility

What is the name of the book Ben Urich wrote about the Green Goblin? Legacy of Evil

How old was Mister Fantastic when he first met his wife Sue? 19

What superhero has romantic feelings for Penance? Squirrel Girl

What is Daredevil's day job? Lawyer

Wolverine's skeleton is covered with what alloy? Adamantium

What materials were in the shield Franklin D. Roosevelt presented Captain America? Steel and Vibranium

Who Raised Daredevil? His father

Which Avenger was found frozen in a block of ice? Captain America

Who is the publisher of the Daily Bugle? J. Jonah Jameson

In what year was Wolverine's first appearance published? 1974

Where does Thor live? Asgard

What is the name of Tony Stark's Father? Howard Stark

What is the name of Ms. Marvel's cat? Chewie

Who was the Super-Skrull created to destroy? Fantastic Four

What are Doctor Doom's robots known as? Doombots

What is the Name of Thor's Hammer? Mjolnir

What does Cyclops wear to control his powers? Glasses

Who is Best known for saying, "It's Clobber'n Time!"? The Thing

What is the name of Tony Stark's personal assistant? Pepper Potts

Who originally bore the name "Human Torch"? An android

What color was Ben Grimm's Hair? Brown

Thor is not immortal, but must eat golden apples picked by whom? Idunn

What is the name of Eddie Brock's Ex-wife? Anne Weying

Who was Bruce Banner's wife? Betty

Who is Storm's husband? Black Panther

Where was Gambit Born? New Orleans

What is Deadpool's real name? Wade Wilson

What is the real name of the assistant of the doctor who experimented on Deadpool after he washed out of Weapon X? Francis

Which Goddess is Thor's mother? Gaea

Which of the following has NOT been a host to the Venom Symbiote? Matt Murdock

Which of these is not a relative of Cyclops? Norman Summers

Which of these is a known ally of Professor Mendel Stromm? Seward Trainer

In what city was Blade born? London

Which of these was NOT a founding member of the Avengers? Spider-Man

What is Iron Man's real name? Tony Stark

In the original comic story, in what country was Tony Stark held prisoner? Vietnam

Which super-villain once refused to pay Luke Cage for his work? Doctor Doom

In which town did Sue and Johnny Storm grow up? Glenville

Which of these women is Gabriel Stacy's sister-in-law? Liz Osborn

What is the highest level of education completed by Jessica Drew? High School Dropout

Which of these was once an alias of Edwin Jarvis Crimson Cowl

Which of these was not the name of Frank Castle's wife, son, or daughter? Helen

As you can see on the 2nd question the answer is Hulk 180. Is this whole 180/181 dispute going to one day bite collector's in the butt? I know 181 is for sure his first full immersion in the story/first cover appearance.

This has me scratching my head and wondering if I should be buying up 180s.

This has me scratching my head and wondering if I should be buying up 180s.

This debate has been going on for decades and people have wondered the same thing for the same period of time. If it hasn't happened by now it will probably never happen.

:ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez:

I have always thought that Hulk 180 Was/Is/Always will be Wolverines first appearance. A lot of the comic dealers I know say the same thing as well. I have 3 copies of this book. Two I own outright, the other Porcupince48 and I own. The two I own are both in the 9.6 OW/W Pages grade. The shared copy is a nice 8.5 W Pages book. All three are raw, un restored.

It IS the 1st appearance of Wolverine. That is NOT debatable. The debate is whether the 1st appearance in 1 panel, is more important than the 1st full story.

Exactly...and the question/answer from the game isn't even open to debate:

"In which comic did Wolverine first appear? 'The Incredible Hulk' 180"

I have always thought that Hulk 180 Was/Is/Always will be Wolverines first appearance. A lot of the comic dealers I know say the same thing as well. I have 3 copies of this book. Two I own outright, the other Porcupince48 and I own. The two I own are both in the 9.6 OW/W Pages grade. The shared copy is a nice 8.5 W Pages book. All three are raw, un restored.

This reminds me of one of the few eps of the Simpson's that I liked...

Radioactive Man #1 or something like that, purchased by Bart, the kid with the glasses and somebody else....

I just wanted the Carl Yaztremski with big sideburns!

It IS the 1st appearance of Wolverine. That is NOT debatable. The debate is whether the 1st appearance in 1 panel, is more important than the 1st full story.

And first cover, which in the CGC era is a slam-dunk that will ensure it never ever changes.

And first cover, which in the CGC era is a slam-dunk that will ensure it never ever changes.

I can't believe it, but I agree with joecollector on something. Perhaps this foreshadows a kinder, gentler decade than the Aughts.

I would agree with this. It certainly is his first appearance just not his first full story. I honestly have no idea why this is such a big deal. I will always prefer to have a copy of 181 over 180 and would be happy to by a premium for it over 180 but it still the fitsy in panel story appearance is it not.

Would it be that much of a difference if in #180 Wolverine was in the shadows? Would that count as a first appearance or first cameo?

An unknown character can't make a cameo appearance :makepoint:

Now Vince is going to come out of nowhere and start talking about Iron Fist #13 being the first cameo appearance of Wolverine and Sabertooth.

Whenever Hulk 180 is mentioned, his senses must pick up on it.

Would it be that much of a difference if in #180 Wolverine was in the shadows? Would that count as a first appearance or first cameo?

An unknown character can't make a cameo appearance :makepoint:

True dat. hm

tell that to CGC :gossip: