• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Buy Variants?

Do You Buy Variants?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Buy Variants?

105 posts in this topic

Variants will eventually kill of the industry.

Why?

Why from me also?

They didn't kill it off in the '90s, and I doubt they will now. It may cause a big contraction in the hobby as a whole when total saturation occurs and collectors walk away in disgust. Titles will get cancelled (perhaps), variants will diminish (certainly), if not disappear, and collector ranks will diminish (as they did in the '90s), but I really doubt it will kill it off completely.

I'm a completeist when it comes to certain series. I have every Wolverine issue from the ongoing series to date variants and all... I also have a weakness for Amazing/Superior Spider-Man. I have every issue and every variant from Superior Spider-Man as well... I enjoy the additional art. There's a simple solution to the variant debate... If you don't want them don't buy them. :grin:

Edited by SteveC77

That's why I don't do it - I got ten of some Wolverine variant back in the day, sold 5-6 of them and made my money back, then sold one for $5 or so a year later, ended up giving a few away, and I still have one. Just in case.

:grin:

-slym

only older price variants if its a key, otherwise NO. I collect / read books for content of the particular issue not because of a unique cover. I would rather have a key first appearance all day long versus a hard to find variant

I should have been more clear shouldn't I doh!

I meant the modern variant covers like 1:10, 1:25, 1:100 etc (thumbs u

I dont buy anything modern. i only collect foreign editions like your awesome 232 and 251

I just found Danish Batman 251 published in 1972